cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have money in account but credit card still charged

Grimzta
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello.  I paid this cycle's charge ahead of time but the cost of my membership still came off of credit card.  

Please respond. 

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

@Grimzta wrote:

I had paid a month in advance earlier this month.  

I do that with my other utilities.  

@Grimzta 

If you prefer to do that, then keep subscription off (ie. preauthorized payments).  Then manually load funds each month.  

The automatic preauthorized payment system will still take available funds off first, then charge your credit card. Because you wanted to pay earlier, the system likely charged your credit card first. 

Grimzta

I had paid a month in advance earlier this month.  

I do that with my other utilities.  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Grimzta 

Usually, on a regular schedule payment date, Public mobile will take available funds first and then charge your credit card.  It is possible because you paid ahead of time that you were charged with the credit card.  

As long as you have enough funds for next payment, you can unsubscribe.  However, don't forget to resubscribe afterwards if you want future preauthorized payments. 

Grimzta

Done !!

@Grimzta wrote:

And I am subscribed.

Good...so toggle OFF that Subscribed button, before next renewal and your $$ will be applied rather than credit card.

Grimzta

And I am subscribed.

Grimzta

I had enough funds this time !!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Grimzta 

to ensure your credit card doesn't get hit again next renewal...make sure you have enough $$ in Available Funds...then disable Subscribed. During the renewal process, it'll take your $$ instead. Just be sure to turn Subscribed back on after successful renewal.

unscribe.jpg

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Is the excess funds on your available balance,  @Grimzta ? If so, it can remain there for use for the next cycle renewal if you wish.

If you want to bring the issue to the attention of public mobile staff, here's how: ( note, we are not staff here on this community site, we're just other customers like you)

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to them by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar, or tap your Avatar down in Messages.

Need Help? Let's chat.