cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have CSA apply rewards manually after resumption of account

whyveeare
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi all,

Just a quick question here for all you astute community members.

Recently I suspended one of the accounts I look after due to that person being out of the country for about 2 months.  I suspended the account via lost/stolen about 2-3 days before the next renewal.  Then on Dec. 12, I unsuspended the account and topped up the account $15 (plan amount).  The plan automatically re-activated and all looks good in the account.  The rewards were not automatically applied, but I did not expect them to. Then I did as @darlicious suggests and contacted CSA's to have the rewards applied manually.  Below is the response I received.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey @whyveeare,

Happy to help you! Thanks for the provided information! Whenever the account is activated after a suspension, no rewards will get applied according to the reward rules, so I`m afraid we cannot apply the autopay rewards manually.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering what I did wrong.  Should I have waited until the evening before renewal to suspend the account.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

18 REPLIES 18

@whyveeare 

I'm glad to here it's sorted. When I originally raised the issue it was solely concerning the autopay reward as it was the only one on the account. But regardless of how many rewards a customer should have the CSA's should be trained and properly informed on what the policy is....the issue is the glitch. If pm can't find a way to fix it then it should not be more of a hassle to have the rewards applied afterwards as it already is presently.

whyveeare

Just an update to this issue.

I did as @darlicious suggested and started a new ticket this morning.  However, I got the same response from the same CSA 🙄   Then I asked that agent to check with a senior supervisor.  That response was positive and the Autopay reward was immediately added to the account.

Seems like a lot of hassle for a couple of bucks.  But I guess it was the principle more than anything else.

Thanks again all for your insights.

whyveeare

@darlicious 

Thanks for your concise answer.  Your comments confirm what I believe as well.  I will try to open a new ticket tomorrow and see how that goes.

In the future, I think I will follow @Anonymous 's advice and suspend after midnight EST but before 2am EST, in order to avoid this hassle.  Not having voicemail will not be an issue for this particular user.

@whyveeare 

The CSA is wrong. If you would rather not argue with that agent you can open a new ticket and start over and simply explain that you suspended the account via lost/stolen and you would like to have your rewards applied manually.

This is a glitch with using the lost/stolen feature. It was fixed briefly but then it returned. The explanation given to me from @Alan_K was that accounts suspended due to non payment are not supposed to be able to use rewards earned from the previous months service to pay for the next month (or 30 days) of service but can be applied manually afterwards to then be used for the following month on top of the rewards that sit awaiting to be applied upon the upcoming renewal essentially giving you double rewards towards the plan payment due.

Of course this is in theory because rewards are applied shortly after midnight eastern on your renewal date and sit in your available funds in your balance awaiting the plan payment to occur (if on time) at 2am eastern. If your renewal fails due to non payment the rewards are in fact available for use to make your payment. If you wish to suspend your account via lost/stolen and retaining active voicemail is not a concern to you and you do not want to deal with the hassle of getting them applied manually when you do reactivate the account and have them available for use to pay for your service then suspending via lost/stolen after the rewards are applied but before 2am eastern will prevent autopay or an account balance from paying for and renewing your service.

If you continue to reach an impasse with the CSA(s) private message me and I will supply you with the relevant messaging I have recieved in the past. I would just ask the CSA to check with a senior colleague as to the correct policy as the current CSA is interpreting the policy incorrectly.

For reference....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Autopay-reward-Do-not-use-lost-stolen-trick-I...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@walker1 : Yes.

@Anonymous 

Do you mean right after the rewards get deposited and right before the actual renewal payment is taken from your account?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@whyveeare : To add to my post count like some users like to...maybe post screenshots of your payment history from here.

The method that I prefer when needed is to self-suspend shortly after midnight ET of the renewal. That way _those_ rewards get deposited up front. Then whenever the account gets renewed you don't have to worry about the already-earned rewards.

But still...there's a system bug with lost/stolen that on the next renewal after reactivation, the rewards don't convert. _Then_ ya gotta ask for what you're properly entitled to.

whyveeare

Here is a screenshot of the My Rewards section.  It's only Autopay, so it's no biggie.

whyveeare_0-1639433179217.png

Autopay was never disabled.  Only used Lost/Stolen to suspend.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv : What?! Not read?! That can't be right.  🙂  Certainly not as often as one or two users don't.

@Anonymous  i think @whyveeare  knows how to submit a ticket, they started out telling us they did.

@whyveeare wrote:

@esjliv 

I did that and this is the answer I got CSA:

I have done that but the account had been topped up and the plan renewed on the same date after suspension so clearly there was no way of getting the rewards. That is why the rewards were not applied nor can we add them anually.

@whyveeare what type of rewards are you missing?

If you removed Autopay, I can see that not being applied. But any others should have been, right?

That IS how I understand that blurb that CSA linked in your original post.

I would ask for a clarification of what types of rewards and circumstances (suspended vs lost/stolen, etc.) for when they DO and DO NOT apply rewards back.

Seems like boohockey to me. 😶

Anonymous
Not applicable

@whyveeare wrote:

@dabr 

No, the rewards are not showing in the account balance.  The balance was $0 when I suspended, and it is still $0 after paying the plan in full after resuming the account.

@whyveeare 

• you need to re-send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  •  and Explain your issue to them can solve your issue,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck.

@whyveeare wrote:

@dabr 

No, the rewards are not showing in the account balance.  The balance was $0 when I suspended, and it is still $0 after paying the plan in full after resuming the account.

@whyveeare   Sorry, I know my explanation isn't very clear and it did take me awhile too to understand how the rewards work on the suspended account.  

Do you see pending rewards under My Rewards right now?  So those get deposited to the balance when the payment system tries to get the payment for the next cycle, even if it suspends again because there wasn't enough in the balance to pay for the cycle but will be available whenever you next decide to reactivate.  So sort of one cycle behind for rewards?

It doesn't take the rewards the same way as an always active account where those pending rewards are used towards that payment cycle immediately... 

Edit:  Perhaps it's different when using the lost/stolen feature, because my account gets suspended due to lack of payment with a prepaid CC and I don't use the lost/stolen on my account.

whyveeare

@dabr 

whyveeare

@esjliv 

I did that and this is the answer I got CSA:

I have done that but the account had been topped up and the plan renewed on the same date after suspension so clearly there was no way of getting the rewards. That is why the rewards were not applied nor can we add them anually.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv    Yes, it does get very confusing and I had a similar argument/discussion with CSA the first time it happened to me.   So they did add the missed rewards after some back and forth, but it only became clear to me after the next suspension, that pending rewards get added to the balance to be used for the following cycle/reactivation.  So anything pending should show in the account even if the account gets suspended again because there's not enough funds to renew it.

edited for clarity..

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@whyveeare wrote:

Hi all,

Just a quick question here for all you astute community members.

Recently I suspended one of the accounts I look after due to that person being out of the country for about 2 months.  I suspended the account via lost/stolen about 2-3 days before the next renewal.  Then on Dec. 12, I unsuspended the account and topped up the account $15 (plan amount).  The plan automatically re-activated and all looks good in the account.  The rewards were not automatically applied, but I did not expect them to. Then I did as @darlicious suggests and contacted CSA's to have the rewards applied manually.  Below is the response I received.

Hey @whyveeare,

Happy to help you! Thanks for the provided information! Whenever the account is activated after a suspension, no rewards will get applied according to the reward rules, so I`m afraid we cannot apply the autopay rewards manually.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

Just wondering what I did wrong.  Should I have waited until the evening before renewal to suspend the account.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

@whyveeare  - 

That link showed this:

esjliv_0-1639430747219.png

...until you have made that payment.

Doesn't make sense to me, unless I am misunderstanding something.

I would reply to that ticket and ask to have it reviewed again, if I were you. Include CS_Agent as well in the To field. Hopefully, you get a better answer next time around.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@whyveeare    From my experience with suspended account, pending rewards only get added to your balance to be used for the next renewal when you reactivate again, so almost like one cycle behind.  Do you see them in the account balance?

Need Help? Let's chat.