cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting from zoomer - cannot find zoomer in dropdown

sasa110
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

we are trying to port a number from zoomer onto PM, but zoomer is not there in the activate page dropdown. Anyone has experience of doing this, and what did you select? Moderators, what is the solution?

Thanks all, and happy holidays! 😄

8 REPLIES 8

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sasa110 wrote:

One more question please, and i hope its not a silly one. Once i get the sms (containing a porting code?) from zoomer confirming the port, where do i need to enter the code?

Follow the instruction on the Zoomer SMS.

If no instruction, my guess is to repeat the code in your reply.

@sasa110 

Once you get the text from Zoomer, you'll have to just answer YES to OK the port request.  You'll only have 90 minutes to reply, or else it'll fail.

There's no code for you to enter for it to work.

Once you answer OK to the text , then put your PM sim card into your phone, not before.  Good luck.

sasa110

One more question please, and i hope its not a silly one. Once i get the sms (containing a porting code?) from zoomer confirming the port, where do i need to enter the code?

Hi @sasa110   It should work.  But in case any issue, you can open ticket with PM Support and they will advise what missing.  

sasa110

Thanks all for your helpful replies. So on the 'activate' page Zoomer wireless was missing, however as advised by @walker1  above, I created a temporary account and went into my PM account.

Once there, I clicked "Change Number" on the right side of the account home page, and there was a text field for entering old provider, where i manually entered Zoomer (along with account number in the a/c field). So I think it worked out in the end. Thanks again everyone! 😃

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

When I port my Zoomer Wireless numbers over 3 years ago to PM, IIRC, the old number porting form did not ask for the provider name.  I will not wait for 1 week(long wait time) for CSA(moderator at that time) to port my Zoomer number manually.

@J_PM 

Please ask PM IT team to add Zoomer Wireless to the dropdown menu

OR

Allow subscribers to enter the name of provider

Thanks

Have a better and better days to all community members and stay safe...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sasa110 

you need to chat with a live agent  Online Activation Assistance (telus.com)

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@sasa110 

Just get a new temperary PM phone number during your activation, then you can ask for a port request for your phone number afterwards.  That's the best way of doing your activation without any big hassles.

You can ask for your phone number transfer by using the chat bubble at the page bottom right corner, afterwards.

Need Help? Let's chat.