cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has this ever happened to anyone?

YazMSW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This morning, I woke up to my phone having no active service. It is also the day that my monthly autopay occurs. I checked my email to confirm that the transaction went through on my credit card, and it did: $38.42 which is the recurring cost on my monthly plan. When I called 611, the message stated I needed to pay an outstanding balance of $6 in order to reactive my phone plan. This was very odd as my plan does not cost that much. Nevertheless I made the payment and that did restore my phone service.
However, when I re-logged into my PublicMobile account, to my surprise, PM had changed my phone plan to a $40 monthly one with 75 GB of data. I. Did. Not. Make. This. Change. I do not need that much data and my monthly budget for my cellphone is set to the $34 plan. WTH?!? I am very irritated with this weird upcharge and want my old plan back and a refund of the $6. 

Has anyone else had this occur?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@YazMSW   Is there any chance you received a text offer to upgrade to the $40 plan?   Hopefully you'll find your screenshot has good evidence to show customer support, but you can still go into your account and change it back to the $34 plan yourself, although make sure to select "change on renewal" instead of "change now" or you'll lose what you just paid with no pro-rating.  Take screenshots again too of course!

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@YazMSW , 

i haven’t see that before, public mobile doesn’t change anyone plan, normally the customer changes the plan immediately or on renewal.

YazMSW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yup, I do think I have a screenshot of my plan details, thank goodness. Have sent a ticket but thought I would see if this weird glitch has happened to others.

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@YazMSW 

Are you sure that you have not changed your plan by accident?

send a message to the CS Agent through the following link l, so they can change your plan back and restore your service

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.