cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP !! Payment success but activation failure.

ACTASWATER
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, PM,

I have just paid 90 dollars by payment vochers to activate my new PM SIM card,.

Everything is ok but at last , when I click on the "Activate the phone", it comes to failure。

Sorry, your account activation request has failed.Please visit our online community at pubmobile.ca/community for assistance.

So, please help , my account number is 1xxxxxxxxx826.

Thanks.

46 REPLIES 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kirkwood123 wrote:

Thanks for the tip. The moderator did contact me but instead of asking for my account #, I was asked for personal info. Name address DOB secret questions and responses. Old passwords etc 

this just spooks me out? Identity theft???

i emailed back and asked for a refund.  No response now after  three emails.  

The minimum you would need to verify who you are is your phone number and your PIN. Failing that then you need to provide 3 items of other information that you provided when you signed up. If you did a little identity hiding when you signed up then use THAT information.

Wouldn't you really rather they made sure it was you asking for account things? I thought so. It's not an attempt at identity theft. The same as just about anywhere else.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Your PM community account is separate from your PM selfserve account.  Therefore, the Moderator Team needs personal info from you to validate that you are the owner of the selfserve account, since you are contacting them from your PM community account.

Kirkwood123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the tip. The moderator did contact me but instead of asking for my account #, I was asked for personal info. Name address DOB secret questions and responses. Old passwords etc 

this just spooks me out? Identity theft???

i emailed back and asked for a refund.  No response now after  three emails.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kirkwood123, The only possibility for refund is by making a request to the moderators, explaining your situation.  No guarantees...

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Kirkwood123

Have the same problem entered one number on pm website and was told my phone was supported. So I paid for a plan and tried to activate the phone. Error message SIM card not supported

called Apple and phone is not locked they suggested trying to get a new SIM card

new SIM card doesn’t work either 

was able to return the SIM cards but can’t get a refund on the plan I purchased

Any suggestions

ACTASWATER

Totally understood.Looking forward to support team's reply.

Moid_I
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@ACTASWATER SIM card which is activated once can not be activated again, you can create a new account with a new SIM card and have to chose or port a new number. 

I would suggest let support team look into the issue they should email you anytime soon to check if the service is working or not. 

Thanks 

ACTASWATER

Hi, @Moid_I 

Because the account created during the activation process can not be signed in, so I try to recreat a new account to manage my service with the same phone number and email address, but failure, not a new one.

Thank you for your help.

Moid_I
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@ACTASWATER I have just asked support to look into this again. 

Can you please let us know what do you mean when you say not able to create new account? you mean new Self Serve account or activate a new number with Public Mobile? 

ACTASWATER

Still

Can not use the service after payment.

Can not login selfservice system.

Can not create a new account.

@Network_Support Please explain what option in self-serve you think will "fix" the activation problem.

Network_Support

Hi can you log in to your self serve account if you can then you will have option to fix this problem if not only you can email public mobile customer service at public mobile website look for help option at the bottom of page you can write for them they will reply in 48 hours 

ACTASWATER

Still can not call out.

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @ACTASWATER - Our support team is currently looking into your issue. Meanwhile could you please retry using services and let us know if it is still an issue?

Thanks

ACTASWATER

Hi,PM guys, I am still in trouble for more than 10 days.......

All I have got is a ticket number which should be reponsed days ago.....

I am not transfer from other service providers, simply a new customer.

So @Mansi_G and @Moid_I, please help me out quickly or refund me quickly.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@rj have you tried the sim in your phone yet? The self serve sign in issue is a known issue and I assume they're trying hard to fix.

I was in your spot at one time, I'm now an extremely happy PM customer. I'm confident your issues we'll be solved to your satisfaction, it just might take a couple days.

@rj No worries at all! My only concern was that this shouldn't end up creating any unnecessary confusion or delays.

rj

Agree with you, I should not have posted my problem in two threads but you have understand waiting for 3 days without getting any response/acknowledgement/resolution is very frustrating too. No one responded to my question for hours then I saw other thread with similar problem and then I posted there. You can ask mod to either merge this thread with other or delete this thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Thanks

@Jeremy_M @Christopher_T It looks like @rj 's problems have still not been resolved yet. Could one of you please escalate her/his issue for a speedy resolution?

Okay, I just noticed the other thread where you have been posting for a few hours now. I'm sorry your issue has not been resolved - but it's probably best you keep all information within one thread so the community managers can have all the information they need in one place.

Since the community managers have already been alerted on the other thread, there's nothing more to do now but just sit tight and wait. It's frustrating, I know. But there's no way to speed it up.

Please see if you want to support the following idea (Which may help in the future to speed up the resolution for cases such as this). Click the orange up arrow to show your support:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Outbound-Phone-Support-for-Complex-Issues/i...

@rj In all likelihood, your activation request did go through (and so did your payment). The problem lies with the PM activation and self-serve system. I would suggest you send an email to PM Support right away through the Contact Us page. It may take them a day or two to respond, but they will ultimately resolve the issue for you.

Also, please let us know once you send the webmail. If you don't hear back within 48 hours, we'll have one of the community managers here escalate your complaint internally within PM. But ultimately it will be the email support reps who will resolve your complaint, so please remember to share as much pertinent information as possible in your initial email to them.

All the best - I hope this gets resolved super soon for you.

rj

I will submit a ticket .

Thanks a lot for your time and support.

Thanks

Rj

rj

I vaguely remember it was finish or complete button I pressed to complete it.  Funny things that still I can't logon to my account which I created to activate my SIM and pay money. whenever I try to logon to my account using my password, it fails: "Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again." When I select: "Forgot your password?", I get to the page to verify my email, I get: "Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address."

I still can’t use my phone and logon to my account which I created to activate the SIM and pay the money.

Now I am trying to figure out how to cancel this plan and get my money back.

Thanks

Daniel
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @rj,

To cancel your service, you'll also need to place the request throught the support ticket system.

benchen5
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When your SIM activation failed, were you given a choice to continue further? If so, did you click on the button to continue?

I experienced something similar where it seemed as though the SIM activation had failed after the payment step, however, the error message is somewhat misleading because what actually failed was when it tried to register the "Autopay" feature in order to gain the rewards. If you had chosen to continue activation without it, you can add your credit card and activate the Autopay through your self serve account later. Note, it did take about 10 minutes before I was able to sign into my account after the SIM activation.

rj

Hi Daniel,

It is almost end of the working day and so far no one has contacted me.

After paying money, I am having such a hard time getting my plan activated and don’t know how much time I have to spend to get my number ported.

So far I have not used any voice/data and cancelling plan should not be any problem. Do you know how to cancel the plan?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Daniel

Hi @rj,

I'll tag @Mansi_G and @Moid_I to your ticket.

they are community managers and will be able to help you get a response from the support team a little faster.

Advise us of the outcome in the community.

rj

Yes, I sent an email on Saturday right after failed activation and so far have not heard anything back.

It is unbeliveable, more then 48 hrs are gone  I can’t use my phone and logon to my account..

Thanks

Daniel

@rj,

When was your support ticket open? Has it been more than 48 hours?

rj

I have exactly same problem too ... and looks like no one from PM  is watching these threads.

Saturday, Oct 31, 2015. Paid $90 to activate my new SIM card. My SIM activation failed after payment step.

After that when I try to log to my account using my password, it fails: "Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again."  When I select: "Forgot your password?", I get to the page to verify my email, I get: "Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address."

I sent emails about this problem but have not heard anything back… don’t know what is going on?  Now almost more than 48 hrs are gone,  after paying $90 I can’t use my phone and logon to my account.  Is it possible that someone can help me to fix this issue please?

Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.