cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - I paid and nothing is working !

emelinermd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I experience really big issues with your 'service', by far the worst I've ever seen. Yesterday I tried to activate my SIM : not working with my french visa card, which can perfectly be used on all other websites, but well...

I bought a 60 dollars voucher, ok, this time, it seems to be ok. But even if the payment is made (42 dollars), nothing is working on my phone, i can't call or text or going on internet.

I'm a journalist student, I really need to call a lot of people today because this is like... my job ?? And I can't, and i'm late ! Please, someone do something ! This is really stressful and beyond imagination, I didn't expected to have so many troubles with you

EDIT : i deleted my personal informations as suggested

Emeline

9 REPLIES 9

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@emelinermd

Awesome! glad to hear 🙂 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

emelinermd

@Shazia_K

I tried again to insert the card, and followed the tutorial for changing the access point names... it seems to be working well by now ! What a relief

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@emelinermd

Activation went through, can you test out the sim card in your phone now? 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

emelinermd

@Shazia_KYes my phone is unlocked...

emelinermd

I found this about my phone model : https://apn-canada.gishan.net/settings/843_15_public_mobile_apn_settings_for_huawei_ascend_g7.php

My understanding is that i can't use 4G, but it should be ok for the rest ? But the thing is that I directly received an error message on the website when i was paying, at this time i didn't have put the card into my mobile yet...

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @emelinermd

Welcome to Public Mobile,

I'm truly sorry to hear that you are having issues with your new activation.

According to your account, everything is set up correctly. Can you confirm that you are using an unlocked phone? 

Thanks,

Shazia

DragonSpecV
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@emelinermd just as @Luddite has mentioned, do you see "Public Mobile" on the top left as your carrier?

He has some good points in trying to help you w/ the "no service problem" you are having.  Big key is to ensure your sim card is compatible w/ your phone showing the PM carrier, then we can try to help troubleshoot your problem there after.

- DragonSpecV

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Please edit your post to delete personal info; this forum is public.

Is your phone unlocked? Please tell us what message appears on your phone; No Service, No SIM, Enter Code, etc.

What is make/models of your phone? It may be incompatible with the network.

Perhaps, activation has hung up and you need moderator assistance. Send any one of them a private message ( @Mary_M for example) with your phone number and an explanation. Coverage is currently: Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST).

Include whatever bits of the following info you have:

• PM account email address
  • PM phone number
  • PM SIM card number

Channel your patient persona. 🙏

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

DragonSpecV
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey @emelinermd this happened to me last week as well.

Drop a PM to a PM like @Mary_M  and that's where you need to put your private info, never leave that in the Public Forums like here.

It's quite a delay when it happened to me, but it all worked out after a few hours.

Hope yours sooner than me!

Cheers!

- DragonSpecV

Need Help? Let's chat.