Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP: Can't receive call, incoming calls still route back to old Bell account

tehkat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Shazia_K @Mary_M

Hi, 

Basically the same issues as everyone has been talking about. Have data, incoming and outgoing text, outgoing calls, but not incoming calls. Calling myself on my phone bring me to the old Bell voice mailbox and I can check my Bell voicemails fine. Calling myself from another phone takes me to my recorded voice mail message.

I have filed a support request 3 hours ago with more private info there: #1173-9146

Please help as I need to use to phone tomorrow to communicate with my contractors. Thanks!

Victor

8 REPLIES 8

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for the clarification @srlawren

@sonician, I am seeing massive exodus from Wind and Rogers.. probably more than half of the new customers are transferring from these 2.  You're right, they could be dragging their heels or just too many requests in the system taking a while to clear.  

@sonician, wouldn't that be great?  Would make the major telcos very upset that they can't gouge their faithful customers.

sonician
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I don't know what the "new member" numbers look like for Public Mobile, but if they're more than a few hundred (and I suspect they are), the carriers that are losing their customers are likely dragging their heels and/or unable to handle the number of requests for ports that are coming in.

At least, that's my theory 🙂

srlawren

@imm1304 not necessarily, have a look for @sonician's thread (EDIT: here), seems to have been a hung port requiring Shazia's help.  I thought it was odd too.

On the other hand, a colleague of mine ported from Wind on Tuesday when the promo started and had the same symptom, inbound texts worked but inbound calls went to his Wind voicemail;  that one resolved itself about a half hour later when he got the text that the port was completed, and then everything worked fine.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @tehkat

Thank you for posting on our community !

We actually don't have information on this support ticket. Would you be able to private message me your Bell phone number and account number? I'll make sure the port goes through for you.

Thanks,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

tehkat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yep it's been 5-6 hours so I am a bit worried.

Bell account still kicking as we speak.

imm1304

a bit different from a typical failed port as the incoming sms is working.  

Just curious, @tehkat, test with your Bell sim card.. is it still functional?  

I hope one of the moderators will be able to help you with this soon, they go offline around 5:30pm.  

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Did you just port in your number? Sometimes it can take few hours for porting process to complete. 

Have you tried removing the sim and rebooting your phone? 

If your bell sim still works, then the port didn't process completely. 

Need Help? Let's chat.