cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Can't activate eSim

pghnhung
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I literally just purchased a phone plan subscription one hour ago, and I'm still stuck at activating eSim. 

I submitted it to CS-Agent 30 minutes ago but still haven't received an answer. he/she just asked me for my info on my account, I provided all the info but still waiting for 30 minutes! 

This is my first-ever experience with Public Mobile and it's been terrible, please help! I'm stuck!

11 REPLIES 11

Dooyoonuna

Had the same issue and this fixed it.

Thank you!!!!

@Viking99 wrote:

I'm having the same trouble and can't send a message asking for help

@Viking99 

try using this link to send message to support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Viking99

I'm having the same trouble and can't send a message asking for help

pghnhung

It works! yes you're right, I have to go into that and turn on manually,

IMG_0648.jpg

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Click on each SIM to see a deeper menu. You should see which network each one is attached to. Make sure that the one that says Public Mobile for network selection is enabled. Disable all other eSIM’s and physical sims in your device currently. If you can enable the one for Public Mobile, reboot your device. 

pghnhung

those on and off are all my phone number in it, I don't know what it is, but if those are Public Mobile Sim it would work

JRod

@pghnhung 

I would completely remove your previous SIM from the phone during this process. To make sure it’s not interfering with the activation. Are either of those options the Public Mobile E-SIM? I see one enabled and one disabled. 

Also just to better understand and assist, you selected a new number or are you porting your previous number? 

pghnhung

IMG_0647 2.jpg

Mine looks like this, I clicked on Add eSim and scanned QR code again but still didn't work. Do I have to take off my current physical SIM card in order to scan the QR code?

JRod

@pghnhung 
Go to your settings, then go cellular, do you see the eSIM? The setting will be the top one. Looks just like this. 

IMG_4457.jpeg

If you don’t see it, click add ESIM and it’ll lead you through the process of scanning the QR code off the screen of another device.

Also ensure that the eSIM is the only active SIM and that you don’t have a physical one in the device when you do the reboot.

pghnhung

How can I enabled eSim on iPhone? I followed this on apple but still didn't work: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT212780

The agent replied me again, he just said to restarted my phone and rescan the QR code again, still didn't work!

JRod

@pghnhung 

Can you see the E-SIM in the settings for your phone? If you can, make sure it’s enabled (turn on this line on iPhone) and then try rebooting your device. 

If you have the QR code from the welcome email you can also try scanning that to manually add it to the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.