cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP ASAP: Can't receive calls

tiamarie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Public Mobile is having issues porting my phone number from Bell. I can text, use data, and make outgoing calls, but can't receive calls. I really need this fixed asap as I'll be on call for work this Wednesday and obviously need a way for my boss to call me.

Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
You should probably start a new thread

While a port in progresses you continue to receive calls on your old carrier. If it takes longer than 2 hours, or your old SIM no longer works and you cannot receive calls, the port in has hung up. 

If your port in has been delayed a moderator will clear it tomorrow.

Just FYI, landlines and voip transfers can take a week or so.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

imateachertoo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Might want to check to make sure you don't have any call forwarding features or straight to voice mail enabled... (if your phone has/had these capabilities;)

If you can already make calls and send texts doesn't sound like a porting issue... but I'm no expert on that...

cheers and Good luck.

I'm sure PM will get it fixed up... they've been pretty good. so far I've had no big problems at all once I got things figured out. 

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I'm loving this late night service 🙂

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @tiamarie

I'm sorry to hear that. How long ago did you initiate your port? It usually takes 30 minutes to 2 hours for a port request to be completed. 

If it's been more than 2 hours, could you send me a private number with this info?

- Public Mobile SIM card number

- Bell phone number that you want to port

- Bell account number

I will look into it! Thank you 🙂 

**Edit: I'm leaving the office in 5 minutes and will be back tomorrow at noon (Eastern Time). If you need help with your port, contact @Shazia_K or @Mary_M with this info and they will assist you in the morning! 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
Need Help? Let's chat.