cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a new phone - need a new sim card

jamie0123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, 

I upgraded my phone to Iphone 13 and I need a new sim card that fits. Would you ship a nano-sim card to me? 

Thanks, 

Jamie 

13 REPLIES 13

@jamie0123 

I think there was an option to pickup at your local Telus/Koodo store.

Oh well, guess you have to wait.

HI @jamie0123   honest, even PM  cannot confirm if you will get the sim quick.  They always say within 5 to 10 business days, some receive quick, but also many receive after 3 weeks.    So, if you don't want to wait, get it in person.  

jamie0123

Thanks I'll visit a Telus store and get this sorted out. Can you cancel my order from your end? thanks in advance. 

jamie0123

jamie0123_0-1679067035617.png

I got the following email that my sim card might be delayed and I ordered it on Tuesday this week. Can you confirm when i should expect my sim card by, honestly i dont want to wait until March 31st! 

HI @jamie0123   I think PM only sells those 3-in-1 sim card from beginning

But if you really don't see any adapters to pop out, buy a new one.  Please buy a new one from Telus and Koodo store.  Try not to buy online from PM site.  PM had a free sim promotion earlier (sorry, you missed), and I assume it will take them even longer to ship out sim card.   

jamie0123

Hi There, 

I have my old sim card but not the outer adapters. 

Thanks 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jamie0123 

Just follow @HALIMACS instruction and carefully pop out the spacer from the old SIM and put it in the iPhone 13. This is a lot easier than switching SIM number. All your account information is in your old SIM.

You can keep the new SIM as a backup or give it to friends and family but remember to give them your referral code so you will get $1/1 point credit and your friend will receive $10 on their next bill.

@jamie0123 

Quick question - do you still have the same card that you were using from the prior device?

Remove the outer sizing adapters to make it Nano sized.  Save the SIM card you ordered in case something happens to this one, or you want to refer a friend.

HALIMACS_0-1678875470672.jpeg

jamie0123

thank you for your help. i went ahead and ordered a sim card from your site. 

@jamie0123   if you can remove the frame and make it nano, it's the easiest, just remove the outer frame and you can use it on your new phone

If you ordered a new one, Once you got the sim card, go to My Account from ONLY a desktop or laptop computer to request Change Sim card (please note that due to some glitches, accessing change sim care from mobile phone or tablet won't work)

Then click Quick Links on the top right and select Change Sim card and follow the steps:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-accounthttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-account

jamie0123

Thanks - when i get the new sim card, do I have to cancel my current plan then reactivate it when i register the new sim card? 

Jamie 

@jamie0123 wrote:

I upgraded my phone to Iphone 13 and I need a new sim card that fits. Would you ship a nano-sim card to me? 

If you do end up needing a new SIM card, you can order one thourgh the Public Mobile online store.  However, Public Mobile has not sold any SIM cards that wouldn't fit in an iPHone 13 for several years.  Check if the smaller porting of the SIM card can be removed and insert see if that will fit it in the SIM card tray of your device.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jamie0123   you are lucky.. PM sim card is now FREE!!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/FREE-PM-sim-card/td-p/959410

order one now

However, your old sim card should still be able to "resize" it to make it nano.  There should be frames around you can remove it to make it nano.  Check it

SIM_Tricut2.png

Need Help? Let's chat.