cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving up on a stalled port and trying a new #?

stphnp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If someone was without any phone service at all, seemingly stuck between a temporary Public Mobile number and a Koodo port that has apparently stalled for almost 48 hours, would trying to change their number themselves resolve things or make everything worse?

I thought I had ported my Koodo number on Thursday night and received an email that my Koodo account has been cancelled, but ever since that point I haven't been able to use my phone for anything, and it still shows my 'temporary' Public Mobile number as being my phone number. 

I've sent a private message with all the info I thought they would need to @Mary_M and @Shazia_K , and for a moment I was sure it said that my message was actually read, but now it shows unread again so maybe I was only seeing things. Anyway, I'm worried that it won't be a quick fix once any work is actually begun and I don't want to waste many more of the 90 days that I've already paid for.

I know the mods are busy trying to fix everyone's problems, so I'm just wondering if abandoning my Koodo number would make things easier. At least then I hopefully wouldn't have to sign up for a prepaid plan with yet another provider to ensure I have connectivity for the upcoming week.

Any advice would be great.....

29 REPLIES 29

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Definitely not, you'll lose your number that way.

hc69

Do you guys think I should cancel the number from Rogers end, then apply to public mobile with the brand new number hoping rogers didnt' give away my old one.

Rockdaddy22

@ashih try calling the number

Rockdaddy22
I guess I forgot lol I'm so happy for you 🙂

stphnp

Thanks @Rockdaddy22. As I posted in this topic last night, my problem was resolved. Very happy to have everything working again. 

Rockdaddy22
@stphnp hopefully you get a resolution today.

hc69

@Citoyenso what do i need to do now? public mobile has almost no customer service whatsoever. How do i escalate this?

@ashih there may have been an issue with your port that requires it be manually pushed through. Since porting involves both carriers, maybe a technician tested your phone behind the scenes? If a moderator told you they would submit a ticket, then that's probably the case, someone was attempting to initiate your service. Hopefully it'll work by today.

@hc69 sounds like your port is in limbo. Something may have gone wrong with the port, and it probably has to do with innaccurate information. That's usually the case, because ports tend to go through immediately, and the ones with 'questions' need to be manually pushed through. If both SIM cards work, I'm thinking the port will resolve itself as it's only been 2 days. Remember, the porting involves both PM and Rogers.

hc69

Im in the same boat as you guys. i tried to port my number from rogers from 2 days ago... no luck, my rogers sim still works but my public mobile sim also works as well.

ashih
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the exact same problem except no one in the community has contacted me since Friday.  That's when one of the mods told me they would submit a ticket.  Still nothing.

I have since checked my usage history and saw 5 outgoing calls from my phone, all to the same number which I don't recognize - which is impossible because I haven't had service since I tried to port my number on Thursday Nov 3rd.

Really strange stuff happening.  Hope someone will contact me soon!

stphnp

Thank you @hummuschips! Also happy to hear that @Gino1914's went through too. I even received a call from PM tech support making sure that everything is working correctly.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@stphnp@Gino1914 glad to see you both got your issues resolved today!

Gino1914
Hi guys: Just to let u know that my Koodo port went through today

stphnp

Just an update on my problem. My issue seemed to be a strange one where the port appeared to successful, although I wasn't receiving any service. @Mary_M submitted a ticket and said it should be resolved in about 24 hours, but I checked less than an hour afterwards and everything is working. 

Don't give up! 🙂

stphnp

Thanks @Mary_M , I sent a message to you on Friday so I hope you have time to get to it today

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @stphnp

Don't give up or abandon it - rest assured that we'll get to you as long as you sent one of the mods online a private message 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

stphnp

@Saray_O I think you're the only mod active today. Do you know if I'd be able to request a new number or abandon my port request? Getting desperate here 😞 😞 😞

W0507636
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Lol wife and her parents, and I am not bragging as I could only imagine the frustration as we are all addicted to our phones. Anyone who does read these post move through each activation slowly and patiently, let pages load, click only once, the website is slow right now. Even if you follow every step you can run in to issues. My one line from Fido told me to reach out to the community as it could not complete port but somehow it worked.

stphnp

4 successful ports? Save some for the rest of us Smiley Frustrated

W0507636
Well don't give up yet, if we message a mod they should be able to assist, they are usually pretty quick. It won't be tonight but could be tomorrow or Monday unfortunately. @Shazia_K I hope they can get things sorted for you. So far I now have 4 successful ports and haven't ran in to any major issues. Hopefully things get better from here because it is a great deal.

stphnp

Yes, I used a different email from my Koodo account and also registered a new Public Mobile phone number that I confirmed was working before I tried to port my Koodo number.

stphnp

Thanks for the reply. This is terrible. Maybe the Change Sim Card option on self serve would work, but then we have to order another, wait for that to arrive and then who knows..... 😞

W0507636
Sorry to hear about your guys trouble, just wondering if you set up a temp phone number and a temp email? I know it doesn't fix the issue but maybe if we can shed some light on reasons why it happened it can prevent people in the future from having to go through the same frustrations.

Gino1914
I'm like u. I had a new PM # that was working great then I decided to port my Koodo number this past Thur & have been stuck since then. Today I decided to just get a new PM & it won't let me do it. It let me go to the point of picking a new # but then it's said Failed when I hit the Confirm #. The only resource we have is to get a new SIM card, lose $ on the current plan we signed up for & start over. 😕

@ShawnC13 I believe you only need to do the temporary number with Koodo. Something because you're coming from a 2nd tier service to a 3rd tier service. You should be able to do the port right away with Telus.

In seeing the issues people have been encountering the last few days with porting, I think I'd do the temporary number route first, to make sure service is working. It would especially be frustrating to have your number in limbo, like some of you are experiencing! Robot Embarassed

stphnp

Yes, although some people had said they were able to successfully port from Koodo themselves, so that's what I tried after my temporary number was working. I really regret not just settling with the temporary number as my permanent one. I didn't know everything would be so frustrating.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I have read that if you are coming from Telus or Kodoo that you are to register and activate with a new number then send an email to your provider or Mod here can't remember and have the number ported that way

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.