cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting text message for identity verification by automated systems

yuvrajvedvyas3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I see that frequently text messages are not received on my phone . These are text messages dispatched by automated systems like the Online Banking systems (TD , RBC , CIBC , BMO  , Scotia etc) , when you log into your online banking a one time security code is sent to the phone number on file to verify your identity , many a times I do not get this text message and I have to fall back upon an alternative option.

Similar text messages sent by Amazon for verifying my identity when I log into my Amazon account are not recieved by my phone.

Anyone else encountered similar issues with public mobile?

4 REPLIES 4

@yuvrajvedvyas3 wrote:

I ported my phone number couple of days ago. I am a new Public mobile customer.

It takes few days for 2FA to 'find a route' to your phone.

Did you port 'land line'?

@yuvrajvedvyas3 wrote:

@yuvrajvedvyas3   yes, that is normal then.  Over the next couple days, you will see those 2FA text starts coming in.  Usually no later than 7 days, you will see all 2FA texts coming without problem

yuvrajvedvyas3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@yuvrajvedvyas3  did you just join lately , last couple days, and ported in your number?

if newly ported in a number, those 2FA text won't work for around couple days, could be as long as 7 days.  The reason is that system generated text take longer to find out your phone number changed carriers.  Also, some banks purposely put a delay for security reason, to avoid Sim Fraud

Need Help? Let's chat.