cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a plan after pausing the previous plan

Freijo18
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, my mom is coming to Canada so I would like to get a plan for her for the 15 days that she will be here. I have a public mobile SIM card that I got for people who visit me. If I just buy a new plan, does this get activated right away? 

Thank you!!!

Elena

4 REPLIES 4

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Freijo18 wrote:

Hi, my mom is coming to Canada so I would like to get a plan for her for the 15 days that she will be here. I have a public mobile SIM card that I got for people who visit me. If I just buy a new plan, does this get activated right away? 

Thank you!!!

Elena

If that sim card you have is registered before, so you can't use it again, until that sim card still with activate plan otherwise you need buy new sim card for your mom.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Yes, PM plan gets activated as soon as you activate SIM.

If you can find SIM at retail that will be the best as waiting for a SIM from PM might take weeks and weeks to arrive.

If SIM you have was not in service longer than 90 days - it is useless now. It has been deactivated due to no pay an no way to activate old SIM.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Freijo18 

Yes, the plan will start right away if they get a temporary number with a new SIM.

If you haven’t kept up with payment on the old SIM for longer than 90 days then the SIM is rendered useless.

If the last payment is less than 90 days. You can login to the account and make a payment and continue to use the old SIM with the number that was picked on the account.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Freijo18 sim card cannot be reused

if the old sim card still has an account that is just suspended and not deactivated, just login My Account and change plan and pay

if it is deactivated, you have no choice but to get a sim card and activate new plan

get the new sim from Telus or Koodo store.  shipping from PM takes long

Need Help? Let's chat.