cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gave wrong account number when porting number from bell to public mobile

hearwa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I was porting over a number for my mother and she gave the wrong account number when porting over a number that was on Bell. So now she can make calls on public mobile and data works, but calls go directly to voicemail on her Bell account. Obviously Bell doesn't know that this number should be transferred so that is expected.

How do I go about submitting the CORRECT account number so public mobile can complete the activation?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Whatever you do, do not try to re-do the number porting request yourself and do not otherwise try to make any changes to the Public Mobile phone number.  In the past, some customers have tried to do that and it ended up messing things up more (ie. losing the phone number and then the moderators had to perform a more prolonged process to fix everything).

Hopefully, you can get this fixed quickly.

hearwa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you matbasm!

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hearwa, You will need to send a private message to the moderator team and explain the situation and provide the correct information regarding the Bell account.

Click here to send the moderators team a private message.  Include the PM account# & PIN in order to speed up initial identification.
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

In the meantime, you (your mom) can continue to use her phone using her Bell account, as it is still active.  When it goes dead, you know the port of the number to Public Mobile is done.

Need Help? Let's chat.