cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Data Roaming Not Working

Glen1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, my US data roaming is not working. I have thoroughly read through all the related posts on this issue here, and tried every suggestion, but nothing has worked yet. I have an iPhone6 with the latest iOS. 

Tried: 

- restarting phone

- reinserting sim card

- turning data roaming off and on

- switching from automatic network to manual selection

- using T-Mobile, AT&T, and others

- turning LTE off and on

- any changes to APN settings etc. are irrelevant to the newest iOS because they should be automatically configured and can't be changed anyway

The only thing I haven't tried is a hard reboot of the phone, because this is a big hassle while traveling and also seems like it shouldn't be necessary.

Has anyone found a solution to this? I activated US Roaming just back in October last year with no problem. It's been over 24 hours that data has not been working for me here. 

Thanks in advance for the advice. 

@Brooke_C

@Shazia_K

7 REPLIES 7

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Glen1 wrote:

- any changes to APN settings etc. are irrelevant to the newest iOS because they should be automatically configured and can't be changed anyway... 

FYI, came across one website that gives you the ability to change APN and Carrier settings on your iPhone. I though, I will let you know, just in case: click here
Video shows how it works: click here

meocon

I think you should restore your iPhone via iTunes not just turn it off and on if you're using iPhone. 

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Do you have the Data Roaming Enabled under cellular? If so try Reset Network Settings

Glen1

Yes, the add-on has been activated and is showing on my PM Account. And I do wish I was lucky enough to have a (nicer) alternative phone with me 🙂

Glen1

Yes, I had read that as well. I'm trying to avoid that option for now as I'd have to do another iphone back up and reset my phone again, which are hassles while busy traveling. Thanks for pointing it out, though. 

jp2

Thank you for posting all of this info it is most helpful.

I'm sure you've already checked to make sure the add on is showing on your account summary?

Would you be lucky enough to have another phone travelling with you that you could try putting the sim card into? 

LEGO

Today, one user with iPhone was also complaining about data not working and after hard reboot it started to work again.

Need Help? Let's chat.