cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds debited but no time added to account!

Jandoraa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I was just charged $42.56 on my Visa Debit but no charges were due and no time was added to my account! 

How do I dispute this charge??

Could this be fraud or could this be a mistake? Either way, it needs to be fixed!

Please, would someone contact me regarding this?

Thanks,

Melissa

10 REPLIES 10

@Jandoraa wrote:

Thanks for suggesting that I contact a moderator, I didn't know there was an option for that!  

I've submitted a ticket.

Does this recent 'erroneous' charge merchant description exactly match the description of the merchant information displaying from prior charges from Public Mobile?

Jandoraa

Thanks for suggesting that I contact a moderator, I didn't know there was an option for that!  

I've submitted a ticket.

Jandoraa

I checked and took screen shots of all three accounts, none have recent  transactions, one has a small available balance as I overpayed last month.

I will contact a moderator as suggested.

@Jandoraa wrote:

I haven't made any changes, none of the three accounts I pay for have any record of this transaction,  all accounts renew in March 30 or 31, only one is autopay. 

If NONE of your PM accounts have this charge showing as a payment, then I would certainly dispute the charge.

Having not used Visa debit (and not being certain how charges apply) is it possible the charge is in an 'unauthorized' or 'pending' category and not yet fully posted? 

@Jandoraa 

You should submit ticket to get moderator help.

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the blue chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Jandoraa wrote:

Hello,

I was just charged $42.56 on my Visa Debit but no charges were due and no time was added to my account! 

@Jandoraa 

Do us a favor, can you log into your self-serve, and in the big blue box, advice us 3 things:

1. Is any amount displayed in Available Funds
  2. What date is displayed in "Payment Due Before"
  3. What is listed under your "My Plan"

Jandoraa

I haven't made any changes, none of the three accounts I pay for have any record of this transaction,  all accounts renew in March 30 or 31, only one is autopay. 

Jandoraa

I have three accounts in my family,  I've checked all three, all accounts are due in March 30 or 31, only one gas auto-pay, all are currently active accounts, none have any payment transaction history of this charge. Very concerning!  I've contacted my bank as well. 😞

@Jandoraa 

Maybe check your payment history page.  Is there available balance in your self service account?  Did you change plans recently?

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jandoraa Do you have family who have Public Mobile? It could be the family members payment.

Need Help? Let's chat.