cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated Double charged on ADD On purchased

rnqll
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m already feeling frustrated how to get help to address the issue I’m experiencing. There seems to be trouble In your system, bec it keep stating there is something wrong and that I shld try again. Much to my surprise, bec of the many attempts, I decided to log out..after few minutes, I recvd notifications on my CC and found 2 charges from my ADD on purchase. I jst want to make sure I get back my money for the double charged to my card. 

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@rnqll 

Credit cards companies can show both Pending and Authorized/Approved charges. Sometimes there are multiple Pending charges showing, but when the payment gets authorized, the incorrect amounts will fall away, then the real one will stay.

If these end up being Authorized/Approved charges and the extra funds are not showing in your Available funds area, then contact Public Mobile Customer Support Representatives (CSA).

There are 2 ways to reach CSA, found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@rnqll 

Check your self serve accounts payment history as you likely only purchased one US Roaming add on but you may have manually topped up your account balance with the second amount you see on your credit card. That can just be left to be used for your next renewal or purchase.

Self serve accounts have a caching issue. It's best to clear your browser and close it. Reboot your device. A laptop works better than a mobile device with the website. Use secret/incognito  mode whenever possible.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@rnqll 

The US Roaming add ons changed about 2 weeks ago and there are no longer stand alone talk and/or text add ons available and they are all 15 days in length. And as the cherry on top there's a glitch of them stopping working at 10 days.

Here's some updated info as the community learns how these work....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-Add-ons-Decommissioning-of-US-...

You can also read the original post as well....

How long is your trip to the US? What's your destination? When was the last time you used a US Roaming add on?

@rnqll 

Unfortunately, PM just recently change the 10 days Roaming Add-on to 15 days.

First check to see if your charges on your CC is pending charge or if it was charged.

If you were charged twice then I would suggest you contact a CS_Agent and request for a refund.

The problem with roaming add-on are that it is spotty at best on 2G on T-Mobile network.

I would suggest you use WhatsApps or TextNow for free Wifi calling and texting.

If you are just staying short-term then the Roaming add-on should suffice.

rnqll
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Also, I did not found the Talk (only) Unlimited for 10 days. Has it changed now? Bec the only option left is bundle talk & text for 15 days. I usually avail of Talk Unlimited for 10 days, but seems no longer available. I’m leaving in few hours to the US, and it is the reason why I purchased the ADD On but then, it has caused me to feel stressed out plus I am not able to get the help I needed on the double charges issues

Need Help? Let's chat.