cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend reward

S2_S2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

yesterday, i bought my new sim card and registered my account.

And i wrote down my friend's refer code and gave that to staff. After minutes,  i got message from public mobile, and it said 'auto pay$2, friend $0, etc'. So i asked her 'how come this is not showing up discount with friend reward?'. And she said 'that is just auto message, so you don't have to worry about it'. Ok. So i went back home and opened my new public mobile account, and checked my reward, and it still says nothing but auto pay $2.

I'm confused now, and if i might not be able to get that discount, i will be upset since i might need to go back to the store and tell the problem to staff who is definately not gonna remember me.

how can we fix this problem now, and what can i do?

8 REPLIES 8

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Please contact a moderator to explain your situation with your friend's code that you were supposed to use.

FYI, $10 Refer-a-friend one time credit will reflect on your account within 72 hours (In my case, it was added the next day).

You and your friend will receive a text message from PM.

PM1credit.jpg

PM10credit.jpg

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@S2_S2  Now that I've learned what the heck the promo code CNY2020 is....when you go into your account to check for your $10 referral credit be sure to click on "my plans and add ons" and scroll down to the bottom of the page and add it to the promo code box. If you qualify (you should) there will be a nice little bonus surprise for you!

jlhopes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had the same issue when I signed up for my account. I didn't put the referral code in when I first signed up, and had to go through a moderator. So it took a day or two for the $10 credit to appear. If you don't see the credit by then, just check back in with the moderator team and make sure they did apply the credit.

@S2_S2  Follow @will13am advice. It's likely by tomorrow your $10 credit will appear in your account. Your friend should receive a text message around noon indicating they have successfully referred a friend. If all else fails and neither of you the get credit or reward then contact a moderator and explain the situation and give them your friends referral code and phone number to have it added to your registration.

@zblackma wrote:

If your friend doesnot receive the $10 reward within 72 hours.  Have them contact the moderators and say what happened.  In order for you to get your $1monthly, they will require your referral code and PM telephone number.

I think you have it backwards.  OP did not refer.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@S2_S2 , it can take a day or two for your $10 reward to show up in your self serve account.  You can ask your friend to login to their account and check under the rewards tab whether the last 4 digits of your number is there.  In the rewards tab, clicking on the little triangle expands the rewards information.  Welcome to Public Mobile.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If your friend doesnot receive the $10 reward within 72 hours.  Have them contact the moderators and say what happened.  In order for you to get your $1monthly, they will require your referral code and PM telephone number.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like they didn't enter the referral code.  You could ctry ontacting a moderator.

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help   -> Click on Chat with Simon on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!"

Need Help? Let's chat.