cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday APRIL FOOL'S BLACKOUT

Weezie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my public mobile service was not working from noon Friday until after midnight. Around 2 p.m. I made a one-time payment thinking that might resolve a problem. However I auto-pay so now they have two months of my funds. Does anyone know whether they will apply that one time payment to May Mays bill or will I have to always have a $25 credit?

12 REPLIES 12

Weezie

Of course when you put it that way I agree. But honestly when I'm on long-distance or on a phone call that takes time I much prefer my home phone audio over any cell phone at any given time. The big bonus I do not have to recharge my home line. Anyway this is my choice and quite a few of my friends still have a home line. Anyone under 50 doesn't probably know what a home line is!

BorisDoris
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Weezie wrote:

Luckily for me I still hang on to my home phone. Yes it seems archaic but for some reason Rogers has decided to include it for free. On that note I will keep it. Have a great day because it's Sunday

Free? Nothing Rogers is free. Look your total amount how much you pay rogers for all services. And I bet 'rogers phone' is voip so it cost them about 1 cent/month?

Weezie

Thanks for all the replies I really do appreciate it as I am a real newbie here. Open a new ticket I wouldn't even have a clue how to do that. It took me a while just to figure out how to talk to you guys. Anyway this is a fun way to meet people. I hope whoever is not in service with public has now resolved there issues. Luckily for me I still hang on to my home phone. Yes it seems archaic but for some reason Rogers has decided to include it for free. On that note I will keep it. Have a great day because it's Sunday

Yes, service cannot be 100% , but communication can.  The communication was not acceptable.   So far only 2 official responses, one at 1:30PM and the other 10 hours later telling issue resolved.  No formal apology after

Also for those who still have no service Day 2 or Day 3.  Some of those said they opened ticket but no reply or replied but no solution.  PM should have dedicated couple Agent to do nothing but just to reply those who opened ticket and help to resolve the issue

Yes, a day of compensation should be the minimum for those affected.   And hopefully a review on how they can communicate better and not kept everyone in the dark.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

It was almost a year ago when nearly all rogers, fido and chatr customers lost their services for most of the day. While pm' s communication on its system issue that probably affected a much smaller amount of customers numbering 1000+ plus ( but there are still some customers without service) was pitiful and still is......rogers did offer an account credit to all affected customers amounting to.....wait for it.....a days lost service. For pm customers that would range from $0.33 on the grandfathered $10 plan soon to be unjustifiably jacked up to $13 to $0.50 for those on the $15 plan up to $2 for the $60 plan and $2.33 for $70 plan holders. More for those still without service.

No matter which provider you have or how much you pay for your services there is no 100% guarantee that you will have service 100% of the time. All providers have outages for different reasons at different times. This is the first one in a very long time for public mobile and as far as overall customers affected fairly minor in scope. Of course if you are one of the customers affected it's major to you.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Meow wrote:

@softech wrote:

Of course, if you are upset and want to make an official complain, open a ticket with them and maybe they will offer some compensation???

And that will be right way to do!

Plus PM should SMS or email every customer apologizing for outage. If they want to financially compensate customers that will be even better and I bet their rating and our confidence will be way higher.

They for sure have lost some accounts from the incident and poor handling of it.  At least 3 or 5 openly said they are leaving.. and I am certainly many more left

@softech wrote:

Of course, if you are upset and want to make an official complain, open a ticket with them and maybe they will offer some compensation???

And that will be right way to do!

Plus PM should SMS or email every customer apologizing for outage. If they want to financially compensate customers that will be even better and I bet their rating and our confidence will be way higher.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@Weezie wrote:

Maybe I should revise my last comment. I think relying on each other is a much faster way of getting an answer been waiting on line with the same old tune playing in your ear hour after hour. Thank you so much meow

That is what I always have as argument with customers who Demand to have 'live support'.

Here you can find many very knowledgeable people (I am still novice 🙂 ) who are willing to spend their free time and help other customers in need.

Only if you have account issues you would have to email agent for assistance as only they have access to it.

@Weezie   Yes, PM Support is all online.  There are good and bad.  Yes, in a mass system outage, likely Rogers/Bell and all those will have you on hold for an hour and then all the update you get is just they are working on it

With the Community ticket or the message here, like you said, at least you pick your music to hear and just keep refreshing the webpage LoL

but to be honest, PM should have done a better job in giving us an hourly update or something like that.   They did made an announcement post at around 1pm or 2pm saying it will be fixed at 4pm.  They missed the 4pm and just give us a final issue resolve update late at night.  But the next day, some still have issue and no official words whether they aware some of them still have issues

@Weezie  for your case, if you see the extra money you loaded sitting as Available Fund, you are good, PM will take the money from there in the next renewal.  Of course, if you are upset and want to make an official complain, open a ticket with them and maybe they will offer some compensation???

Weezie

Maybe I should revise my last comment. I think relying on each other is a much faster way of getting an answer been waiting on line with the same old tune playing in your ear hour after hour. Thank you so much meow

Weezie

Thank you for replying so quickly. Due to no phone service to public we have to rely on each other I rather New Concept. The only ironic part about this is, public mobile is in the business of communications do you not think it strange that we cannot talk to the people who run the company? Is does not need a reply it's just a statement for a Sunday morning when everybody on every network is making editorials I thought why not me.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you see $25 on your account, it will be used for next renewal as PM takes $ from your account first and if there is $0 there then charges credit card for balance. So you are good for May!

Need Help? Let's chat.