cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent Dropped Calls

shanmatt215
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently switched to public mobile and hadn’t received or made any long phones calls until tonight. I experienced drop calls 3 times in fairly rapid succession. My plan is an LTE plan with provincial calling and I’m using an iPhone 8. My LTE and wifi were enabled at the time of the incident. Any idea how to remedy this in the future?

9 REPLIES 9

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rob79and @youbme there are more customers with the same issue.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@shanmatt215 wrote:

I have full 3G bars and usually 1 or 2 LTE bars displayed on my phone. 

Same weird things happen to me too sometimes. I live in a big city and my reception is flawless with always full bars. I never lose service. I have an iPhone 5 and keep it on 3G only. 

So sometimes: As soon as I get a call and I answer it my phone jumps to "No service" and I lose the call. When I hang up, the full service returns.... Before I switched to Public Mobile this never happened to me (and I have had this phone for 3 years now).

shanmatt215

iPhone 8 A105. It’s the factory unlocked North American model. I’m gonna try keeping my phone on 3G only and switching my plan from LTE since it’s clearly doing no good for me. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If calls drop with good signal strength, problem is with the phone.  What brand and model of phone are we talking about here.

shanmatt215

I have full 3G bars and usually 1 or 2 LTE bars displayed on my phone. 

@Shutdown wrote:

Try changing your phone to 3g only. PM doesn't have VoLTE or wifi calling yet, so it relies purely on 3g.

This suggestion is unnecessary.  Without VoLTE, the network will negotiate the transition to 3G automatically for phone calls.  The dropped calls may simply be due to poor 3G coverage in the area.

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try changing your phone to 3g only. PM doesn't have VoLTE or wifi calling yet, so it relies purely on 3g.

shanmatt215

Hello,

Thanks for answering so quickly! The calls were to a number within the same area code, but approximately 250km away physically. There wasn’t much pattern to the timing, first call lasted 28 min, then 3 min then 2 min. Calls were between public mobile and Koodo. 

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@shanmatt215 sorry to hear about your trouble. 

Are you making long distance calls within your province?

How long does the call last before the drop? Is it very random?

Is the call between a particular service provider or any service provider?

Need Help? Let's chat.