cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop call

Nickyjt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My calls keep dropping for 3 months now I thought it was my phone I bought a new phone and my calls are still dropping 

6 REPLIES 6

smurfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm thinking it might finally be resolved. Was on a 2hr call today with no issues.

Tom22335566
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Nickyjt, it has nothing to do with your phone. Public mobile is overloaded with customers and their tower allotment cannot keep up so your call drops. I've been involved in many threads about dropped calls and several people have gone through the whole diagnostics with first level, second level, all the way to Telus tech support and this is the conclusion. There is nothing that Public Mobile can do to fix this unless they upgrade  their hardware. Public Mobile is currently only good for text and data, but they dropped the  ball on voice calls. My wife has been switched to Fido $39 50gig plan because she needs solid voice calling. I might be next

Tom

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This probably affects all telus and carriers that use there network so you will haft to look into rogers, bell, freedom and maybe fizz as most of the cheep plans run on telus. Would be nice if PM would tell us what's going on.

Nickyjt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What the hell, I bought a new phone thinking it was as my phone, thanks for the information I will just go to a different carrier because this is ridiculous!

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There some kind of problem with the network and seam to be getting worse as there more and more comments here the last week or two. BC seams to be having more issues then everywhere else but it seems to be in ontario as well.  The only work around I seen so far is to use an old 3g phone

smurfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Are you on $15 plan by chance? I am on old 3G $15 plan with supposedly unlimited incoming minutes, but get disconnected constantly after around 9min. If I use an old flip phone it works fine. Very strange. I have tested multiple devices and only the older ones work without disconnect. Also other family members with higher price plans seem unaffected.

Need Help? Let's chat.