cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating new phone. Unable to get full account access

Tonytazz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It keeps sending my full access code to a phone number that I don't associate with.

I want to cancel the phone port process as I do not own the phone number and choose a new phone number. I just activated service yesterday on a brand new galaxy s22+ with an esim.

@A_CX_PM 

7 REPLIES 7

Tonytazz

Direct messaging support fixed me up

Tonytazz

I am logged into the app and it shows my account number and phone number with no pencil

On the website it just shows this:

We’ve noticed you have an active Public Mobile service and would like to confirm your full access.

A 6 digit code associated with your EverSafe ID will be sent to phone number . We will need you to confirm this number.

@Tonytazz 

no worries, the members you tagged were good when they were here.  We missed them

for your number, you cannot login My Account, can you?  if you can login, you can go to pick another phone number, just go to the Profile page and click on the pencil to the right of the phone number and you can then choose a new one

if you cannot login My Account at all, then ask support agent to help, you can  submit by direct message:  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Tonytazz

thanks for the edit.

I believe the issue is when I registered with my new phone yesterday I tried to port a number that I had during 2014-2019 along with my old account number. The problem is that someone is now using that phone number. I am now stuck trying to fully verify my account as it's trying to send the code to that phone number that doesn't belong to me. When I go into my account I can see my new account number with the phone number that is currently in use.

I wish to cancel that process and choose a new number. Any suggestions?

I hope all that makes sense to you.

Tonytazz

Oh whoops my mistake, I was confused.

@hTideGnow wrote:

why Priority and dust2dust were tagged?

they are just regular users and one of them no longer using Community

Also, Support and Publicmobile are not Public Mobile employee usernames.  It's important not to send information about the account to such usernames.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Tonytazz 

why Priority and dust2dust were tagged?

they are just regular users and one of them no longer using Community

you need support agent to help, please  submit help ticket with agent directly here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.