cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My calls drop off far too much

RonCamilleri
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just had my call drop off 5 times within a 45 minute time frame with an important business call.

I'm not happy at all... calls are dropping out regularly.. 

I appreciate the community support.. but I need a tech to assist me. .can someone tell me how to get a tech ticket?

thanks

R

19 REPLIES 19

Dottie1

I have an eSIM and sooo many dropped calls 

EvanN28
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Refresh was only temporary for me. Not even an entire day. So long public mobile 🫡 

TinTin_Cap

Hey All,

Following a ticket being issued with cs_agent I heard back from them with the following :

“I've performed a full network refresh from my end.

Can you please power off your phone and remove the SIM card for 3-5 minutes?
Then, insert the Public Mobile SIM card into the SIM tray, restart the phone and test.”

In addition to this, I also did the network reset on my iphone. 

I see some have noted that the network refresh they do will likely only be temporary, hoping it holds! 

There has been a noticeable difference today, no dropped calls 🤞🏼so far. Note : Service bars remain the same. Running 5G plan.

Wishing you all a good evening from the Capital 🇨🇦

I will post an update if (dare I say ‘when’ ?!) frequent dropped calls start recurring. 

Dottie1

No answers but mine are doing the same!

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@EvanN28  Thanks for the detailed reply. It is always interesting to see what other customers are told by the different agents. (We were told different things about the SIMs).

Resetting your internet on your end (including airplane on and off, rebooting your phone) or refreshing the network on the provider end seems to improve the connection with the network temporarily. I have noticed that the signal strength may increase slightly after a refresh or reset.  However, any improvement in the reception does not last very long.

EvanN28

Had a ticket created for myself. This is what I got back -

Thank you for your authentication. I refreshed your services. Reset the network settings on General Management, turn off the cellphone, remove the SIM card (not eSIM) from your phone, wait for 2 minutes, then, insert it back-in and test the services.

If you're using iOS or iPadOS 15 or later, tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings. If you're using iOS or iPadOS 14 or earlier, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

How to reset network settings on your Android phone or tablet
Swipe up from the home screen to open the app drawer.
Launch the Settings app (the one with a gear icon).
Scroll down and tap System.
Select Reset options. ...
Select Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth.
Tap Reset settings.

Not sure what exactly “refreshed” my services means but since I have a iPhone 15 pro I went through and did what they said. Will see how it goes

@funpig1 wrote:

@RonCamilleri @TinTin_Cap 

FYI, Last Friday, I received from a message PM agent who sent a ticket to Telus tech support. Telus tech support telephoned me with the suggestion to select LTE as my preferred network to make talk more stable but to remember to turn it back to 5G (recommended) if I wanted to take advantage of higher mobile data speed when I am in an area with better coverage. The other suggestion was to turn off choose network automatically and manually select Public Mobile. These suggestions may reduce but not necessarily eliminate drop calls and poor mobile data speeds.

I specifically asked them about swapping out my sim for a new sim or for an esim. Tech support told me that makes no difference. 

I reviewed the coverage map and a tower locator app with tech support and suggested that my area could use a microcell transceiver.  Tech support acknowledged that this was a 5G dead zone. They would escalate my ticket further but told me not to get my hopes up. 

Today, I received an SMS text from PM saying that my ticket is linked to a known issue. When I asked them what is the known issue, they just repeated that I will be notified when the issue is resolved. 

Selecting LTE over 5G might make a difference for data but it cannot influence calls as they either work on the LTE or 3G network.  

Neil11

Been over 8 days and they haven't replied to my ticket or several private messages 

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Seeing dropped calls here in NL as well. 

Jedi1

@funpig1 Just for what it is worth, my husband has an iPhone 11 so he does not have 5G so his phone is set to LTE and he has had dropped calls regularly.  I have an I-phone 14 on 5G and also getting dropped calls.  

funpig1

@RonCamilleri @TinTin_Cap 

FYI, Last Friday, I received from a message PM agent who sent a ticket to Telus tech support. Telus tech support telephoned me with the suggestion to select LTE as my preferred network to make talk more stable but to remember to turn it back to 5G (recommended) if I wanted to take advantage of higher mobile data speed when I am in an area with better coverage. The other suggestion was to turn off choose network automatically and manually select Public Mobile. These suggestions may reduce but not necessarily eliminate drop calls and poor mobile data speeds.

I specifically asked them about swapping out my sim for a new sim or for an esim. Tech support told me that makes no difference. 

I reviewed the coverage map and a tower locator app with tech support and suggested that my area could use a microcell transceiver.  Tech support acknowledged that this was a 5G dead zone. They would escalate my ticket further but told me not to get my hopes up. 

Today, I received an SMS text from PM saying that my ticket is linked to a known issue. When I asked them what is the known issue, they just repeated that I will be notified when the issue is resolved. 

Jedi1

I had 3 dropped calls today in BC.  Our other lines are also getting dropped calls.  

@TinTin_Cap wrote:

Persistent problem in the national capital region as well, becoming more and more frequent. Particularly bad today for some reason. We have tried a few things, turning phone on/off, airplane mode toggling, pulling physical sim while phone is off and on airplane mode and powering up. 

I have a ticket in with them.

Anyone happen to know if the ESIMS work any better? 

I highly doubt that there would be a difference between e-SIM and p-SIM.  It is not like our phones are being disconnected from the network.  It is just the call that is dropping, not the network connection.  

TinTin_Cap

Persistent problem in the national capital region as well, becoming more and more frequent. Particularly bad today for some reason. We have tried a few things, turning phone on/off, airplane mode toggling, pulling physical sim while phone is off and on airplane mode and powering up. 

I have a ticket in with them.

Anyone happen to know if the ESIMS work any better? 

hi @Nick271 yes, look like a system problem and seems getting worse. We are all waiting for PM to fix the problem 

Nick271

Dropped calls on all 4 of my accounts In the GTA 

MaxPower19

Yep I’ve had 2 calls drop in last 24 hours too. Victoria BC

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@RonCamilleri 

Ask customer support to reprovision your SIM/service.  Other than that, is this only happening in a certain location or everywhere?

Can you try using a different device for awhile to see if problem persists?

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@RonCamilleri , this appears to be a persistent and ongoing issue at the moment.  I have not seen anyone report that support is able to resolve the issue.  I have found that toggling airplane mode helps enough for me to complete a short call.  I can't vouch that hour long calls will not drop.  In any event, you can use the chat symbol on the lower right corner to initiate a support ticket.  Please report back if support finds anything unusual that is worth sharing with the community.  

Need Help? Let's chat.