cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

French Language was set instead of English

Arshad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Wondering why the French Language was set on my phone for text msgs from Public Mobile as well as on Voice Mail.

10 REPLIES 10

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@kb_mv  I updated my post ....mines already on English so it gave me press 1 for French press 2 for English...so maybe when already on French there reversed 

Thanks, @computergeek541, for clarifying.

I was going to go in and amend original post so as not to misdirect OP, but it is no longer on thread.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

@Arshad 

Voicemail

Press 4

Press 4

Press 5

Press 2 for English.

@Jb456 Is my picture above wrong? It has 1 for english......

@Arshad 

Voicemail

Press 4

Press 4

Press 5

Press 1 for English.  (I see picture says press 1 for English..mines already on English and said press 1 for French press 2 for English so may be reversed when you're already on French)

@computergeek541 wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

Click on your avitar (top right side of page), My Settings  then find Preferences. Select language of your choice.

Community settings are unrelated to the language of a text message sent by Public Mobile.

I see...I thought the Preferences were where vm language was adjusted. Thanks for the info.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Arshad To change voicemail language settings see below:

9fig2.png

@hairbag1 wrote:

Click on your avitar (top right side of page), My Settings  then find Preferences. Select language of your choice.

Community settings are unrelated to the language of a text message sent by Public Mobile or of the default language of the voicemail account.

@HALIMACS wrote:

Hi @Arshad 

I'm guessing that's a phone setting, and not a carrier setting.

Check settings on your phone for language settings.

It is a carrier setting. The language that the phone is set to can't change the content of an incoming text message. 

@Arshad  Please open a ticket at https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot

to update the language preference of your account.

@hairbag1 wrote:

Click on your avitar (top right side of page), then find Preferences. Select language of your choice.

@hairbag1 Does the community setting for language affect voicemail? Texts I can see.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.