cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent charges

canjuraana
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  • Yesterday afternoon I was charged $55.52 for not reason.  My plan is $15 per month.  I was quitting my autorise credit card to pay monthly on line 
10 REPLIES 10

@canjuraana wrote:

My plan is $15 per month.  My bank verify the charges 

@canjuraana - does the unexpected charge show in your My Account payment history as well?

Are you able to answer @hairbag1 's question also, is there any other users of public mobile using this card for payments?

Did you receive a promo text in the last couple months (I know i did).

Have you recently activated and had issues activating your account? Which may have causes some extra charges along the way, but hope this isn't the case.

And when you look at your payment history here do you see out of the ordinary charges? And are you sure no one else uses the card or that you're paying for a family member. The family member may have replied to a promo offer and the plan may have been changed. But still, the amount doesn't work with taxes.

canjuraana
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan is $15 per month.  My bank verify the charges 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

We like to think of the pre-tax amount here. That number comes closest to an even dollar of $50.02 in SK. Cents are rarely used here though but can happen in very odd circumstances.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@canjuraana 

Call your CC company and see if the charges were from PM. Your card maybe hacked. Also login to your account and look under the Payment section for details of the charges.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Do you see those charges on your account or only on your credit card?

That card does not fit into any plan nor add-on from PM?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@canjuraana 

are you certain the charges were from Public Mobile ?

Is there anyone in your family circle who may have upgraded plan to something else ?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@canjuraana does your payment history also show this amount? If so what does it say? Check it here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/payment-history

Did you happen to accept a plan change via text for next renewal?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@canjuraana $55.52 is a weird amount that does not make much sense.  If you login to My account using Incognito mode, does it show anything on the Payment history?

either way , open ticket with PM first as advised by @LitlLdy 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@canjuraana , please submit a support ticket to CSA & explain what happened so they can fix this for you. They can issues a refund that will be added to your account balance to pay towards your future payments on your plan.

I wonder what happened! That’s quite a difference in price!

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

• Get help with your service or account by starting a conversation with the virtual assistant, SIMon. It can help you submit a ticket to the Customer Support Agents. This method uses the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to get started and type Customer Support Agent,then select Contact Us, then select the topic that matches your request.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to Customer Support Agents by clicking here. This method takes longer to receive a response back. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for a response back from a CSA in your Community private mailbox at the top right of this page which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon ✉️ to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.