cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card

Katharina1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't activate my Sim card and I brought my own Sim to be transferred. I don't know what to do please help.

Katharina 

9 REPLIES 9

@dust2dust wrote:

@LitlLdy- I think it crosses into the lack of understanding of what a sim does and is. And then perhaps complicated by ESL.

@dust2dust , you replied before I fixed my wording on edit! You’re fast! 🤣

@LitlLdy- I think it crosses into the lack of understanding of what a sim does and is. And then perhaps complicated by ESL.

@dust2dust wrote:

Still not clear.

So the process I think you're asking about is that you have your new Public sim and you have your old provider sim. You go through the activation process using the new sim number. During that you can transfer your number from the old provider. This then needs the old sim in a phone to confirm the transfer. When confirmed you can wait for a text saying all done or put the new sim in and wait for calls to be able call in. The old service needs to be active. Then it will close itself when finished.

Or do you have Public service and are replacing the sim for it? This is the change sim function that works better doing on a non-mobile browser.

@dust2dust , I’ve been looking at Ops post for several hours & still trying to get clarity on it in my brain on exactly what needs to be done without further explanation but all of you here did great & the best you can to help until then!

Edit: Op stated “I can't activate my Sim card and I brought my own Sim to be transferred. I don't know what to do please help. I can’t tell if Op wants to do a new activation to set up a new account with Public Mobile & port phone # in from previous provider, port previous providers phone # in to PM or if Op wants to do a SIM swap on account due to the old SIM card is damaged since stating “ I'm trying to transfer the old Sim to the new one and it not even working 

porcupine
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

sounds like you are trying to activate your old sim card but you cant you need a new sim card and you can keep your old number

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Katharina1 wrote:

I can't activate my Sim card and I brought my own Sim to be transferred. I don't know what to do please help.

Katharina 

So you're try to port your previously phone number to PM and you have problem for it?

Before you port, make sure your previously account is activated otherwise won't work. Write down your previously account number or IMEI number on your phone, write down the email and password you want to use for PM and credit card you have. 

Try port in 8:00 am eastern time if you can and using laptop or desktop computer with private mode browser, leave your previously sim card in your phone, type "Yes" when you get message in 90 minutes. You will get email from PM. Turn off your phone, remove previously sim card, put PM sim card in and reboot the phone.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Katharina1 

Are you trying to port your old number from your old carrier to PM? Your old SIM must be active before it can be ported over.

First, leave the old SIM in your phone then activate the PM SIM on your computer then wait for a text from your old carrier confirming with YES you are porting your old number over to PM. You have 90 minutes to reply or porting will be incomplete.

Your old SIM will continue to work until porting is completed and will take about an hour.

Powering off your phone then switch your old SIM with the PM SIM and power phone back on.

Still not clear.

So the process I think you're asking about is that you have your new Public sim and you have your old provider sim. You go through the activation process using the new sim number. During that you can transfer your number from the old provider. This then needs the old sim in a phone to confirm the transfer. When confirmed you can wait for a text saying all done or put the new sim in and wait for calls to be able call in. The old service needs to be active. Then it will close itself when finished.

Or do you have Public service and are replacing the sim for it? This is the change sim function that works better doing on a non-mobile browser.

Katharina1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to transfer the old Sim to the new one and it not even working 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You bought a Public sim and you are trying to go through the sign up process from the Activate button up top?

Or you are trying to sign up here with a sim from another provider?

Or you are signing up but having difficulty with the transfer process?

Need Help? Let's chat.