cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For a new phone

Public1978
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can someone dictate to me the proper procedure to follow when we want to change our phones? I got a new phone and I would like to switch my sim card from one phone to the other. I do not want to make a mistake.

4 REPLIES 4

Public1978
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is that a new phone? Or just new to you? If used then you'll want to check devicecheck.ca. Then you want to make sure to know that the phone is compatible. Let us know the exact make and model and we can find that for you. When you insert your sim then you might discover that it's locked to a previous provider. If Samsung then they can help you with that. Others will need the other provider. Apple does some things their own way.

If you used a sim lock feature on your previous phone then be sure to turn that off on the old phone. Then it won't be a problem in the new one. But the new one could also have a lock. You might discover that too.

These are all just complicating factors. Simply putting the old sim in the new phone should be as easy as that. But life happens.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Public1978   There is nothing much to do. 

Take the sim out from the old phone and see if it fits  the new one.  If it fits, just plug the sim card in and you are done

If you old one is bigger, see if that is one of those 3-in-1 sim card that you can make it smaller by removing pre-cut frame outside.  If so, remove it and make it the right size

If it is not those pre-cut sim card, then if the new phone came with a new sim, go to My Account, use Change sim card option and request a change sim card. 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Public1978 

you get new device then turn old device ad take youur SIM card and insert in new one, that all you need to do.

Triple Punch SIM card fits most phones as it’s a Standard, Micro and Nano SIM card all rolled into one; simply remove the SIM card in the size that fits and insert it into your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.