cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time top up

Gabita
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a receipt with the instant top up. I did it for the first time so what's next?

My balance days it will expire tomorrow and doesn't recognize my payment

19 REPLIES 19

Michaelmlyn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes you can if you are paying with a card or prepaid card

@88cranston wrote:

@Gabita wrote:

Yes. I went to a store called "Electronics" and I paid cash for an instant Top up, I gave my phone number and later, they  emailed me my electronic receipt, where there is a barcode with 12 digits. 

The amount I paid will be automatically  reflected by tomorrow.  Yeah!

I hope I made myself clear. 

Anytime 😄

Thanks for “the more information”😀

🤔Was the 12 digit barcode the key to the top up.....or just a receipt?

Was next day ok with you? PM usually, from what I have seen, texts a reminder on the date top up is due. 

Those are real time vouchers. There isn't a code. The retailer loads top up directly. I wonder why they said tomorrow. It's supposed to be immediate.

Gabita

My plan is due on 23, I got it for the first time September 23, and today I received the text where they remind me it's going to due soon ( in my case, tomorrow)

I think the key was my phone number since I didn't have to report the 12 digit number anymore. PM messaged me that tomorrow it'd be automatically loaded.

🙂

Instant top-ups are the best way to pay in retail with the flexibility to top-up what you want between $10 to $100. 💯
The funds will be added to your account at the checkout without needing to enter a PIN. 😎
Simply tell the cashier how much you want topped up and provide them with your phone number.
Instant top-ups are currently available at most Canadian Tire Gas, Esso, Gateway Newstands, and MacEwen locations. 

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Gabita wrote:

Yes. I went to a store called "Electronics" and I paid cash for an instant Top up, I gave my phone number and later, they  emailed me my electronic receipt, where there is a barcode with 12 digits. 

Anytime 😄

Thanks for “the more information”😀

🤔Was the 12 digit barcode the key to the top up.....or just a receipt?

Was next day ok with you? PM usually, from what I have seen, texts a reminder on the date top up is due. 

@Gabita  Awesome thank you very much!

Gabita

Anytime 😄

@Gabita  Sorry but were all a little curious how your voucher experience went since many of us do not have experience using vouchers and want to be able to help others such as yourself with how they work. Depending on the retailer, the method, the voucher, the voucher or redemption # is very different. You sharing your experience is invalueble information for us to share with other members. So if i understand correctly you went to a retailer (Which one?) and you paid cash for what appeared to be an instant top up( yes?) Did you provde your phone number? ( Thats how the money was automatically added to your account?) And the retailer emailed you the reciept as proof of payment? We are happy that you are assured your renewal will now happen without disruption. Please give us your answers you will be making a very helpful contrbution to the community. Thank you! Come back anytime were always happy to help and very happy for your help

Gabita

Thank You for your concern. 

I went to a store, retailer I think and paid in cash for the instant top up. 

Pm team already told me I have a positive balance, the amount I paid and it's going to be reflected tomorrow, thank day that my prepaid plan expires.

Thank you so much 🙂 🙂 

This is my first time doing it.

Take care

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Gabita wrote:

The store where they accepted mobile public to up. The emailed me the electronic receipt. The receipt went though.

I am just curios. 

You went to a retailer?

You used cash, debit or credit card?

You bought a top up?

You provided the retailer your phone number?

And that transaction topped up your acoount with no further intervention on your behalf?

Or did you have a voucher number to top up your account online or at 611?

Is there some reason why you would not top online at PM?

Gabita

The store where they accepted mobile public to up. The emailed me the electronic receipt. The receipt went though.

@GabitaWho emailed you the code? Perhaps you should contact the seller who sold you the code instead?

Gabita

I didn't buy I will. Thank you so much 🙂 you're very helpful.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Gabita did you try on your self serve account?   I would Tru again in the morning and if it doesn't work contact the moderator_team and ask them for help 

Gabita

Also, I didn't get any voucher, I just said I wanted to to up and I paid and they emailed me my receipt. Then I call *611 and didn't recognize the 12 digit number 😞

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Gabita  

Vouchers contain a 12-digit numeric code which you can use to add funds to your account through Self-Serve or *611.
The location of the PIN varies depending on where you purchase your voucher; however, you will typically find it on the top or the bottom of your receipt.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Gabita when did you purchase it? Some retailers it takes until the next day to be activated 

Gabita

I did it, I tried to put the 12 digit number down and it doesn't recognize it

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Gabita  can you input it if you call 611 from your phone? 

Need Help? Let's chat.