cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware

damonanderson70
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone (LG K20) has been trying to download a firmware update everytime I plug it in to the charger. The only way to stop it seems to be to unplug it and let the battery drain, when the battery is drained it then will charge without forcing the update.  Is this normal? Any suggestions on what to do if I don't want the update to prevent this?

3 REPLIES 3

damonanderson70
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's not from the Play store, a screen comes up that says firmware update with no branding or LG logo or any specification of where the update is coming from or who. So far I have not let it go through.

@damonanderson70 wrote:

My phone (LG K20) has been trying to download a firmware update everytime I plug it in to the charger. The only way to stop it seems to be to unplug it and let the battery drain, when the battery is drained it then will charge without forcing the update.  Is this normal? Any suggestions on what to do if I don't want the update to prevent this?

Some phone software is set to refuse to install a firmware or ROM update if the battery is below a certain threshhold.  This is usually to prevent a a device failure should the battery become empty and the phone shutting off during the update. I do wonder if the downloading of the update from the internet might actually be complete, because such a minimimum battery level restriction wouldn't usually be on the actual download but rather the installation itself.  Is there an option to simply install the update?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@damonanderson70 

Is your LG K2 updating firmware or apps from Google Play store?

If updating firmware, does this complete the update if you let it finishes.  Any error?

The LG K2 has only 16 GB storage.  You may need to uninstall some of your apps which you had not use them for a while to create enough storage space for the firmware update.

Need Help? Let's chat.