cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billing on my account

bovaj2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

as per your request i have verified my account and am informing you on "community".  Please answer my question as to why my credit card was charged on dec 31/21...the day that my husband and i both joined publice mobile, and why does it say koodoo

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bovaj2 

The community has answered your question. They are very good at that and it is recommended that you ask the community first when you have an issue so that customer support only has to deal with account related issues that the community cannot address.

However it does appear that you either created a support request ticket via Simple--Simon or that you sent a private message and verified as requested. The instructions then asked that you inform the CSA once you have verified via the community but by replying to the CSA via your private message box the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar and look for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. You appeared to have missed this part and I just wanted to ensure you are aware of this procedure for the next time you contact customer support.

Welcome to public mobile and welcome to the community! We are always happy to help!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Both companies are owned by Telus. Mistakes do happen but money ends up in the same pocket. As long as you have service you do not have to worry.

Sending mail to the agent and complaining regarding different company shown on your CC statement might initiate some change on PM side. You never know...

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@bovaj2 

This seems to be happening lately, Telus the parent company owns the mid tier Koodo and the lower tier Public.

I wouldn’t worry about it but you can contact a CS_Agent to have this changed.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@bovaj2  - we are all customers and members like you here.

Customer support (CSA) can be contacted here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

But, I can tell you that on activations the vendor DOES SHOW KOODO. Telus owns Koodo and Public Mobile.

Future payments will show Public Mobile.

Please do not cancel or issue a chargeback on the credit card. 

IT is a good question to ask though, as it gets many people in a little panic, thinking about fraud, but it is not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bovaj2 : It says Koodo because this company thought it was a good idea to use a sister company for activation charges. Don't cancel or charge it back.

You need to pay up front for service. It's called pre-pay.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@bovaj2 

Several customers have had the same issue.  It is a glitch in the system and Public mobile is aware and working on a fix. If your service works fine, no need to worry further.  Next month's payment should be from Public mobile if you are on autopay.  Koodo and Public mobile both belong to Telus.  

Need Help? Let's chat.