cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Phone 'Network Unlock Code' and 3G speed

KSHpm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just sign up PM's $40 plan today using a Fido phone (Galaxy S5 neo) and had a small hiccup but ok and happy now... 

Before I sign up, I did the phone check on PM web site.  Result of the check was that my phone is compatible so I ordered the Sim card.  When I inserted the SIM, it asked for a network unlock code when I turned phone on.  As it turned out, that meant my phone was locked to the Fido network.  All I had to do was to call Fido's 1-800 number and gave them the IMEI number and then they gave me the unlock code over the phone.  All works perfectly now.  3G download speed was about 2.5Mb/s... works for Netflix and YouTube with no problems. 

5 REPLIES 5

PeggyC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for your information.  My friend is a Fido customer with the plan is going to expire.  She considers to tranfer to PM, but  worry about the iPhone (locked)  which was given by Fido with plan contract.  Now, I can ask her to call Fido for the unlock code.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@KSHpm, you are good with DIY.  This service is built for customers who are DIYers.  You are going to enjoy this service and the savings.  Welcome aboard.  As @RobertQc points out, it's worth checking out the possible reward options to further reduce the monthly costs.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@KSHpm wrote:

Just sign up PM's $40 plan today using a Fido phone (Galaxy S5 neo) and had a small hiccup but ok and happy now... 

Before I sign up, I did the phone check on PM web site.  Result of the check was that my phone is compatible so I ordered the Sim card.  When I inserted the SIM, it asked for a network unlock code when I turned phone on.  As it turned out, that meant my phone was locked to the Fido network.  All I had to do was to call Fido's 1-800 number and gave them the IMEI number and then they gave me the unlock code over the phone.  All works perfectly now.  3G download speed was about 2.5Mb/s... works for Netflix and YouTube with no problems. 

Welcome and excellent news! It feels like most stories are negative and we don't often hear the successful ones, hopefully you will join us on the forum as a community helper for those users who need your teksavvy nature help 🙂 You can get up to $20 off per 30 days!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@KSHpm

Enjoy your new mobile service with Public Mobile.

Ir is nice to see another DIY person with mobile knowledge to join PM.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KSHpm wrote:

Welcome. Nice to hear success stories.

Need Help? Let's chat.