cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fear of losing my grandfathered plan

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I got a text from a 5179 number for a $45 20GB targeted deal. 

I replied "yes" to apply it on next renewal, and I got the confirmation text saying that it will be applied. I mindlessly accepted the offer, with the intention of just canceling it in self serve later if I didn't like something. Turns out it's $5 more than my plan and I don't need the extra data, I forgot how much I actually paid and made in rewards. 

Anyways. My problem is that I cannot see it scheduled for next renewal in self serve, therefore I cannot cancel it. I do see the actual plan under the plan list though. as a precaution, I contacted a moderator, and he assured me that it was a expired deal, and that I will keep my plan after next renewal. His comment makes no sense, because the plan is obviously not expired if I see it in self serve, and I got the targeted text message. 

What should I do ? Im worried I will lose my grandfathered $40 15GB plan

6 REPLIES 6

BearFBI

@esjliv Yep, tried refreshing. 

didn’t know they still had the plan. Thought for sure it would’ve been gone by now. I did see it on the front page, but I thought it was an expiring discount over a period of months type thing. 

anyway if that’s the case then it’s not a big deal at all. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI - yes, your plan is still listed as an available plan on our My Accounts, so it is still available to have/switch to.

esjliv_0-1676808688152.png

When did you say YES to accept the text? Maybe, My Account is updated yet..

What about if you try refreshing your account by clicking the circle arrow thingy below. Does it show a scheduled change then?

esjliv_0-1675256565571.png

Patchio
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BearFBI 

You don’t need to worry. The $40 15GB plan that you’re currently using is still available to PM customers according to the Public Mobile website, so you can still change back to it if the scheduled plan change wasn’t cancelled properly. 

CACEE791-68C9-482B-93FD-616F85B232EA.png

haha.. then there you go .. even moderator assured you.  keep the message as a proof.  That's all you can do

I guess I should be clear my point earlier, I was to say to open another ticket with a confirmation from another agent..  That's all you can do honest.  Again, the message from the agent is the proof. 

BearFBI

@softech Did you read my post ? 😄 

Ticket was opened, checked my account 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BearFBI    did you check My Account?  Login using Incognito mode, then go to Plan & add-on page, check Change my plan.  If there is a scheduled, plan change, it should be there and there is an option to cancel it

if you don't see it, should be find.  But I suggest you to open ticket with PM Support to confirm as well, just to be very sure

Need Help? Let's chat.