cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed port, should I try switching to a new number and trying to port again?

mercurystar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Rather and wait for a mod to respond, has anyone tried to switch to a new number and reattempting the port?  Should I try this or will it make things worse?

I tired porting over last week from Rogers, but my account has not been cancelled and my Rogers sim is still active.  I am able to send text messages, make phone calls and only receive text messages from Telus customers with my PM sim.  

I read in some post that there was a specific squence to when you are supposed to click the 'I am authorized' check box does anyone one know what the details are?

7 REPLIES 7

oadest

@Shazia_K

Can I get some help?

I've been charged, my old sim card has been disconnected and I don't have any type of service (call/text incoming and outgoing) at all.

I need my phone for work and this is getting crazy.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @mercurystar

Please view my private message to you. 

@Lkjh1234

I will look into this for you. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Lkjh1234
I porting my number on Nov 20 morning, on the right sequence, it say porting successful. But now when i call my number it saying the number is cancel, but confirmed with chatr my account still active. Do that means it still porting or my number is canceled? Do I need to pay chatr for one more month in order to maintain the account still active? I know all the mod are overloaded, but at least someone can give us some solid guildline, other than just told us to wait. Luck me I get a new number while I activate the sim#. But some of my friends end up without phone for more than 5 days!! We all get no response from mod and all the messages haven't been read yet. I don't want to lost my number which cause so much trouble to inform everyone the new number (eg bank) but get none help other than wait and paying Chatr and pm at the same time

Titanmowgli

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I wouldn't do this  because even though your port is either hung up or taking a long time it is associated with your SIM if you go and change your number to a PM number I beleive that you are then basically giving up this number and I am not sure what would happen to itor if you would be able to por ti back in.  I would just put the Rogers sim in and Run with it until you can get it ported over correctly to avoid losing it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

traycer

Yeah, it seems to be a design issue with the porting web page. You should check the "I am authorized" box first, then type in your phone number and click the "check availability" button, then proceed with the port.

I ran into a problem when I tried to port my number while the promo was still running. The web page kept giving the same non-specific error no matter what I tried. As it turns out, one of my previous attempts did work, but there was nothing on the website to indicate that. My number switched over 24 hours later.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Don't do this. Someone else did this and after the port went through they still had the new number instead of the ported number.
Need Help? Let's chat.