cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Number Porting - Did I Lose My Old Number?

pbyrne715
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good morning everyone. I seem to be having issues after trying to port in my old cellular number from Lucky Mobile. Here’s the rundown of events:

- I activated on PM earlier this week selecting a new/temporary number. Service worked fine.

- Last night I initiated a number change to port my old number from Lucky Mobile.

- I received the authorization text almost immediately and replied yes almost immediately.

- Within a half hour my Lucky Mobile number, SIM and account were disconnected.

- Now it is 9 hours later and my PM account still shows my temporary PM phone number.

- My phone still references my temporary number.

- I removed the SIM and restarted my phone and there is no change.

- Calling my old number I get a number out of service message. The number is no longer in service it appears.

- I have opened a PM ticket though this is urgent as I need to know if my port in number request is still in process or if my old number is now lost.

If anyone has experience with a similar issue and how it was resolved I would appreciate any help available. Should I simply assume the process is still happening and I should wait a few more hours or is something terribly wrong?

Thank you.

Paul

3 REPLIES 3

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Some number ports finish in minutes or hours. Other number ports take days.

I think this problem will sort itself out after a few days.

The CSAs can fix any technical issues which might be halting the port. But they can't speed it up.

pbyrne715
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks @Dunkman for the reply. It was an active account with Lucky Mobile. I did get a reply to my service ticket. Apparently the port inn was completed but there is some technical issue. Team is looking into it so that’s good enough for me. Thanks again!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@pbyrne715 

Your port usually should have been completed by now.  Was your Lucky mobile account active when you ported?  The PM mobile website has caching issues.  Maybe try to login again, but clear cache, incognito mode or try a different web browser or even different device.  See what number shows up in your self service account.

You did the right thing by submitting a ticket.  Customer service agent should get back to you within the next few hours.  Hours of operation 6 AM - 10 PM ET.  

Your number is unlikely to be lost and CSA will able to help in this situation.  Check your private message inbox for CSA response.

Need Help? Let's chat.