cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI: Until Sept 30: RBC customers $10 off for $40+ plans for 6 months + 5GB 1time Bonus

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

Courtesy of RFD, original link here

As usual it is for new customers only. You would have to purchase a SIM card and activate online.

Use promocode "RBCREWARDS"

Offer details:

*This offer is not transferable. To take advantage of this offer and receive $10 off the first 6 months and a free 5GB data add-on (“Discount”), you must:

1. sign up for a monthly rate plan of $40 or higher with Public Mobile (“Qualifying Plan”) online at https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/RBC-offer between July 2, 2019 and September 30, 2019, inclusively (“Offer Period”);
  2. enter or mention the promotional code “RBCREWARDS” before completing the purchase of your Qualifying Plan;
  3. pay using one of the eligible RBC Royal Bank credit card(s) shown on this page (“Eligible RBC Credit Card”). This offer cannot be combined or used in conjunction with any other offer, and cannot be applied retroactively to previous plan purchases.

This offer is not available at retail locations. This offer applies only to new account activations. A one-time activation fee per line applies.

Taxes are not included and the account must have sufficient funds to cover the total cost of each month’s plan.

Compatible device required. Data service on BlackBerry smartphones requires the BlackBerry 10 operating system.

For a description of Public Mobile’s network management practices, please see https://www.publicmobile.ca/pdfs/Wirele ... zation.pdf.

This offer and its associated terms and conditions are provided by Public Mobile, not Royal Bank of Canada (“RBC”), and are available at https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans ... lsrc=aw.ds. Public Mobile, not Royal Bank of Canada (“RBC”), is responsible for all terms and conditions applicable to your Qualifying Purchase Plan and associated services. RBC and Public Mobile reserves the right to cancel, modify or withdraw this offer at any time. For more details on the RBC Offers program, please visit rbc.com/offers.

42 REPLIES 42

@Oleginza wrote:

As I use an RBC card, this offer seemed interesting enough for me to transfer 2 of my phone numbers to Public. So, I signed up at London Drugs store last Saturday. Apparently, I made a grave mistake and the offer is not valid if you sign up in store - that's what Mods tell me.

What's the point of trying to attract new customers, then?

Looks like, my community status will soon turn to "Bye Public".

As to whether the moderators could make an exception for you, I can't speak for them.  However, the online activation requirement is in the advertising and also in the first page of this message thread.

Oleginza
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As I use an RBC card, this offer seemed interesting enough for me to transfer 2 of my phone numbers to Public. So, I signed up at London Drugs store last Saturday. Apparently, I made a grave mistake and the offer is not valid if you sign up in store - that's what Mods tell me.

What's the point of trying to attract new customers, then?

Looks like, my community status will soon turn to "Bye Public".

@darlicious hi no sorry Smiley Sad

Can rbc customers use that promotion on top of the pm $10 off $50 promotion?

Scoman20

No, but it seems to have worked

Scoman20

Well, it seems to have worked!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scoman20 wrote:

Does the RBC westjet card work for the discount?

Is it any of the specified variations mentioned above?

Scoman20

Does the RBC westjet card work for the discount?

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@computergeek541 wrote:

@GinYVR, those are the conditions provided by Royal Bank correct?

If so, I would say that they don't really apply.  Public Mobile is the entity offering the discount and data bonus, so I would consider the terms as advertised by Public Mobile to take prescedence.  The Public Mobile advertising makes no mention of the requirement to use a RBC card for payment.  I'm not even really sure that the activation/self-serve/billing system would be able to tell the difference anyway.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/RBC-offer only says the terms to be:

"

• Step 1: Choose your plan here

• Step 2: Order your SIM online

• Step 3: Activate online here and enter promo code RBCREWARDS

Disclaimer:
    Effective July 2 2019 until September 30, 2019 at 11:59PM ET. Offer available to new customers who activate online using the promo code.

¹ $10 off for 6 months and 5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to eligible Ready-made rate plans of $40/month or greater. Bonus data remains on account until fully used but will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Discount will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.

Please note it may take up to 7 business days for the discount to be applied. This offer is subject to change without notice."

The disclaimer now says "Customer must pay using an eligible RBC rewards credit card. Including RBC Rewards+ VISA, RBC Signature Rewards+ VISA, and RBC Rewards VISA Gold. "

@GinYVR wrote:

@computergeek541 As with anything in the grey area.. we just need someone brave enough to try! They can probably differentiate using the first few digits of the card number since they are the issuer's identifier.

I would agree that given how the plan is advertised here, customers would have a claim to the deal based on the conditions as specified here.  I am not a RBC customer and so I would only see what's here.  I would never think of looking elsewhere for different information.  What's here goes.

@computergeek541 As with anything in the grey area.. we just need someone brave enough to try! They can probably differentiate using the first few digits of the card number since they are the issuer's identifier.

@GinYVR, those are the conditions provided by Royal Bank correct?

If so, I would say that they don't really apply.  Public Mobile is the entity offering the discount and data bonus, so I would consider the terms as advertised by Public Mobile to take prescedence.  The Public Mobile advertising makes no mention of the requirement to use a RBC card for payment.  I'm not even really sure that the activation/self-serve/billing system would be able to tell the difference anyway.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/RBC-offer only says the terms to be:

"

• Step 1: Choose your plan here

• Step 2: Order your SIM online

• Step 3: Activate online here and enter promo code RBCREWARDS

Disclaimer:
    Effective July 2 2019 until September 30, 2019 at 11:59PM ET. Offer available to new customers who activate online using the promo code.

¹ $10 off for 6 months and 5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to eligible Ready-made rate plans of $40/month or greater. Bonus data remains on account until fully used but will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Discount will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.

Please note it may take up to 7 business days for the discount to be applied. This offer is subject to change without notice."

Need Help? Let's chat.