cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FORWARDING FAILS 100% of the time no call just DEAD AIR

dumbphone
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Call forwarding is failing every time. All forwarded calls are being forwarded to another public mobile phone. The calls ring at the forwarded number but only dead air on answer.

This has been all month or longer now as it took many times for me to identify the issue.

11 REPLIES 11

dumbphone

ANYONE HOW DO I FIX THIS I HAVE LOST A WEEK OF CALLS AGAIN!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dumbphone wrote:

So how long does it take to get a reply from @CS_Agent

I sent the PM as instructed. I have been waiting for support here a long time now ... so long the website kicked me out once already.

Normally, the following would apply:

Spoiler
How long until they reply?:
  • Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

However, there was some maintenance done over the weekend that is causing havoc with renewals and future-dated plan changes right now and causing people to lose service.  With that in mind, the moderators are absolutely flooded with requests at the moment.  Please try to be patient, they will get back to you, but it's going to take some time.

It sounds like it could be an issue with the provisioning of the call forwarding feature, but your'e the first person I can recall reading here (in about 3 years of being a community member) that has had this specific issue.  Odd that it would affect two of your accounts simultaneously.  I'm not sure how to explian it.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dumbphone

So how long does it take to get a reply from @CS_Agent

I sent the PM as instructed. I have been waiting for support here a long time now ... so long the website kicked me out once already.

dumbphone

CONFIRMED with LANDLINE
Forwarded calls are just dead air followed by quick disconnection after answering.

I have lost a month of calls now ... I want my money back 😞

dumbphone

On further testing with a third phone calls answered are automatically disconnected after a short time of dead air .... I assumed callers were hanging up due to lack of voice but this is not the case.

dumbphone

Both phones work fine... both take and make calls no problem where both parties can hear each other. Both phones forward to each other when not answered however no forwarded calls have any sound on either end. 

Since both phones work on regular calls something is just wrong with the network I suspect.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dumbphone, If I am understatnding correctly, the forward is happening as per your setup, but there is no sound going through once the line is picked up.  Did you try forwarding to a different number, just to rule out the possibility that the problem is specific to the phone you are forwarding to?  If that makes no difference, I would suggest sending a private message to the moderator team and ask them to investigate.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

dumbphone

Is this the right area for support? Anyone? @CS_Agent ? Hello?

dumbphone

TO BE CLEAR

Calls are forwarded ... the second phone rings ... but when I answer there is no sound no one hears me ... I don't hear them.  The number I forward to is another public mobile phone.

Anyone else having this issue?

dumbphone

It has nothing to do with being able to turn it on ... its on and enabled just fine.

The issue is all forwarded calls are dead lines ... no voice on either end.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@dumbphone, can you please review this knowledge base article which covers call forwarding.  The recommendation is to use codes.  I use an android device with stock google dialer and I can do the same using app menus.  The forwarding function does work.  It is useful to double check that it is being implemented correctly. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Your-Phone-and-Plan-Feature...

Need Help? Let's chat.