cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eversafe is a LOSING System!! It's BROKE, when will Telus learn this?!?

grog67
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Two words: UNBELIEVABLY FRUSTRATING.

I already have an account. And a phone. Under my first and last name.

I bought a second phone and have a SIM. Looks like PM won't let me add the second SIM/phone, so I have to create a new account. So I did. Looks like PM will not let me have another account with the same email address (idiotic and pathetic but true) , so I tried making one with another email. Then it asks me for my first and last name. Then I clicked NEXT. Then the little automaton of PM said, "NO", there's already a user with that name.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE AT TELUS ?!?!?!? This is RIDICULOUS. Then I tried again to create the account using a "pseudo-name" STOPPED THERE TOO!! it said there was already an account with the email I just used to TRY and create and account that didn't work. I have never seen anything so screwed up in my life.

ANY IDEA HOW I CAN ESCAPE THIS QUICKSAND OF STUPIDITY ?  GRRRRRR!!!!

10 REPLIES 10

Chrissyrioux12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Using wifi 

HI @grog67 

app only activation started around July

if you are willing try try, I think support can do that after you use the browser till step 4  for payment.  Once PM charged you, you can submit ticket with PM agent and I think support can pickup from there (as account would have been created after payment is made)

if you are willing to try, use browser to activate, after payment at step 4, submit a ticket with agent:       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

grog67

that's funny, i never installed the app on my first phone and it's working.

@grog67 

You can have a friend or family install the PM app to activate the SIM. Once activated, unstall the app on their phone. You can only activate a new SIM on the app and not online.

Now you can manage your account through the website after SIM has been activated.

HI @grog67 activation with PM needs PM app.  You can start the activation using the browser but it still have to complete using the app and there were many posts about error if doing it that way.  So, best to use the app to start the activation.   Once the activation is done, you can use the flip phone and no longer need the app.  If you don't have a smartphone for the app, then ask a friend to help and he can uninstall after 

for the 2nd account you created, it is there and you can use it to start the activation, just need to start using it on the app 🙂

grog67

ok, what happened to the account I created using my alternate email? is it now in the PM bit-bucket?

grog67

don't want to install an app. it's a talk flip-phone

HI @grog67 

just use Wifi at home or free wifi from  malls/restaurants

grog67

any idea how i can download an app without a sim?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@grog67  your new phone and new sim card is a for new account and not to replace those on your original account right?

the one email one account is a PM account restrictions, not Eversafe

For your problem, try to create the new account using Incognito/Private/Secret mode on your browser and try again, it should work

Also, if you are setting up a new account, actually start with PM app.  You need that to complete a new activation 

Need Help? Let's chat.