cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eversafe code sent by email

Frank52
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is it possible to receive an eversafe code by email rather than by text message when logging into my account? If so, how would I go about changing the prioritization?

9 REPLIES 9

Frank52
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Handy1 @hTideGnow  Thank you so much! I was able to ensure that my email account receives the code first. 🙂

@hTideGnow  Agreed as should we all and not limit the options of defence and recovery 

HI @Handy1 i don't just rely on first line of defense if I can have more than one line of defence 🙂 

@hTideGnow  So it’s good thing the PM site has password to keep those out . But first line of defence would be an unlock code for phone would it not  ?

HI @Handy1 

accessing the PM account is not for PM services, but for sim fraud.  It can be really damaging.

Most phone have unlock code or Face ID . So in this case no one accessing anything on the phone anywyas . Not good idea to not have unlock code /face ID on your phone or tablet . And if you do your asking for worst problems then someone accessing your PM account LOL

Hi @Frank52 

I actually think removing phone number from 2FA is actually a smart way.  In case the phone is lost, it is one less channel for whoever picks  up your phone to have access to your My account

and in case you lost access to your email and hence cannot receive the code, you can always fall back to CS agent for support.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Frank52  The only way is to remove the phone number from ever safe . I’m your profile page . But honestly I wouldn’t do this because the phone is the primary way to get code and by removing it you only have the email to use and no falling back on the phone . At least with the phone should you lose it you have the email to fall back on . But I believe it’s best to always have the two options . Would be different is you could as you say prortize the one method over the other 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Frank52 

yes, you can.  First login My Account, go to Profile, Manage EverSafe ID, then remove the phone number.  After it is removed, the 2fa will be defaulted to email only

(and before you remove the phone number, you can have the email option show up each time, by clicking "didn't receive code")

Need Help? Let's chat.