cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim transfer to new phone

Arianesj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated an esim on one phone and would like to transfer it to a new one. 
QR code won’t work. 
How can I do it?

10 REPLIES 10

Arianesj

It’s offering text or voicemail! 
don’t have access to those either!!

IMG_8889.png

@Arianesj wrote:

I don’t have that option!

IMG_8888.png

did you click "Resend code" there?  no Send Email after?  or Try these workarounds, it could bypass the SMS in linking My Account with EverSafe ID

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps,  you need to engage support by direct message

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there           

Arianesj

I don’t have that option!

IMG_8888.png

@Arianesj 

On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Didn't get the code? or  Resend code and then choose Send email

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

Arianesj

I can’t access my account; it is sending a code to the phone number and the esim has already been deleted from the other phone.. 

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Arianesj wrote:

Where do I go to get another one? Can’t seem to find it on the site

as said above, use the app..

Arianesj

Where do I go to get another one? Can’t seem to find it on the site

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

you cannot re-used the same QR code, need get new one

download PM app, and buy from Account page.  PM should not charge you for that

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Arianesj 

eSIM cannot be moved.  BUT Luckily, you can get a replacement for FREE

To rebuy new eSIM for FREE, first, download the app on your new phone.  Click Account from the bottom, then click Purchase SIM Card and select eSIM

Once it confirms your phone is eSIM compatible, click Pay $  and Install (the system will check and apply a $5 credit to bring the total price back to $0 at checkout), and follow the prompt to complete and purchase and install eSIM on your device
(in rare case that PM charges you for the replacement esim, you can submit a ticket with PM support and ask them for reimbursement)

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/get-a-sim-card

Existing eSIM users at Public Mobile who need a replacement can do so at no extra cost. When you request a new eSIM through the usual process, we automatically identify you as an existing eSIM user and waive the replacement fee. See below for steps on how to get your new eSIM.

@Arianesj wrote:

I activated an esim on one phone and would like to transfer it to a new one. 
QR code won’t work. 
How can I do it?

You'll need a new eSIM.

Need Help? Let's chat.