cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage Issues

jclouts
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, both mine and my spouse’s phones are showing data limits reached. We don’t use that much data (we have limits way above our typical usage) and most often are on wifi when we do. The usage shows typically times we’d be sleeping. Any suggestions as to what might be going on? We’ve been having issues with network the last few days with phone and text, now data. Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

if iphone and  you didn't reset statistics at the beginning of each cycle, you really cannot trace much out of the usage history on the phone.  Maybe ask support to check

open ticket with PM using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right. Type the question Submit ticket and select Contact Us to get to ticket open screen

or message them using this link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

jclouts

Makes sense! Thanks for your input. I’ll try to figure this out as I’m not a high data user and my husband uses even less so this is just odd.

jclouts

I have an iPhone. I will check. I don’t use that much data on average 2Gb and the higher end I’ve used is 5GB, not 20, and my husband uses much less, so it seems odd. Wonder if it could be an issue with the network because calls didn’t work at all, then messaging didn’t work intermittently, now it’s saying we’ve used our data up. Thanks for your input!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jclouts 

for the "late night" usage, that is not the problem.  PM does not update the data usage constantly.  In fact, it only update it twice a day. 

So, any entry you see is just a total usage between that timestamp and the timestamp of the previous entry.  The early morning usage  you see on the Usage log does not mean it was used in the morning but a total usage for the last 12 hours.

Also, for correct usage reading, always use Incognito mode to login My Account to avoid reading cached old info

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

did you login My Account's history and add up the usage?

and did you check your phones' own usage track? you use Android?

Need Help? Let's chat.