cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim says Unknown number under Esim settings

Manius
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I finally was able to transfer my number to Public Mobile, but now my esim says Unknown number under the esim settings. How to fix that?

Thanks!

Screenshot_20231127_200126_Call settings.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

@Manius  Can you make phone calls make text and receive? If so it worked 

Teo0321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I meant to ensure that you can see the eSIM appearing in your account. The biggest test is if you can call, use data or send texts. If you can, that is all the confirmation you need!

Manius

Where in my account do I have to look to check if the esim activation was successful?

@Manius tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings

Manius

How do you reset network settings? I dont want to accidentely delete the esim from my phone

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Manius  Reset network settings and reboot the phone 

Teo0321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello @Manius ,

Congratulations on transferring your number to Public Mobile! To address the "Unknown number" issue with your eSIM, you can follow these steps:

1. Check Network Connection:

• Ensure that your phone has a stable network connection, as the eSIM details may not be retrieved without a proper connection.
  2. Restart Your Phone:

• Try restarting your phone, which can sometimes refresh network settings and resolve display issues.
  3. eSIM Activation Confirmation:

• Confirm that the eSIM activation was successful by checking your account on the Public Mobile website or app.
  4. Contact Customer Support:

• If the issue persists, it's advisable to contact Public Mobile's customer support for assistance. You can submit a ticket to a customer support agent using this link: CS Ticket Submission. Describe the "Unknown number" problem, and they should help you troubleshoot and resolve the issue.

I hope this helps, and your eSIM display gets sorted out soon!

Need Help? Let's chat.