cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim did not work

Pagosue
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just switched to PM via esim but it is saying my esim did not activate. I apparently have a message in PM app but when I sign in to the account to get it, it says they are sending me a verification code for me to retrieve the message to my phone number…however my phone is not activated due to the esim not being able to activate so I can’t get the reply message. Does anyone know what the solution is when your esim does not activate when joining PM?

5 REPLIES 5

Pagosue

Thanks, JRod. I was able to fix it by heading to settings and into cellular to turn on the “Turn on this Line”

I appreciate your help

@Pagosue wrote:

That worked! Very grateful! Thank you

@Pagosue awesome 👏🏻! Thank you for the update! 🙂

Pagosue

That worked! Very grateful! Thank you

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Pagosue wrote:

Hi, I just switched to PM via esim but it is saying my esim did not activate. I apparently have a message in PM app but when I sign in to the account to get it, it says they are sending me a verification code for me to retrieve the message to my phone number…however my phone is not activated due to the esim not being able to activate so I can’t get the reply message. Does anyone know what the solution is when your esim does not activate when joining PM?

@Pagosue , 

Please try these things below to see if any help. Others have experienced similar issue & sometimes these suggestions have worked!

Reboot your phone.

In cellular settings make sure that “Turn On This Line” (for iPhone) (I am not positive where the setting is on a different phone to turn it on, possibly ‘Turn on your eSIM under Mobile Network’) is selected & reboot your phone. (You may need to reset network settings then reboot)

Turn On This Line

Edit: To add screenshot.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Pagosue 

Sorry to hear that the E-SIM did not activate. Can you try manually adding the e-sim to the phone using the QR code you should have received in the welcome email? If you can re-add it, make sure it’s enabled and the only active sim and then try to reboot your device.

If for some reason you didn’t receive the QR code via email you’ll have to reach out to customer service to reissue one. 

Please click this link below to message customer service:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

Need Help? Let's chat.