cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on Activation/Signup

Lesley_0330
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello All,

So while trying to sign up I've got the "Subscription not Activated" error and it said to contact support. I sent a message to CS and through the chat they were apologetic but ultimately said they can do nothing except offer to get me a physical SIM so they can set it up on their end or try signing up with a new email.

HOW IS THIS ACCEPTABLE? my CC has already been charged and I really see those as non-solutions. Was the CS agent correct these are the only options? Just wondering if anyone in the community might have a better answer.

Lesley 

8 REPLIES 8

Lesley_0330

@softech Just sent the CS agent asking if QRcode eSIM is an option

@Sansan If the QRcode eSIM is a no go I'll ask about reimbursement for a physical SIM.

Ok, if they didn't suggest, then you can ask. If not, it's quicker and cheaper if you use Amazon. 

@Lesley_0330 ask the agent.. Sometime they will help you to get a new one using the app 

but what phone do you have??

Lesley_0330

@Sansan physical SIM was suggested. No offer of reimbursement tho

@softech the CS agent I'm talking to never mentioned that as an option

@Lesley_0330 get help from PM support first.  In many cases, support can send you an eSIM QR code and make it works 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Lesley_0330  I have seen many post where esim did not work and they had to ultimately get a physical SIM in the end.

The esim was free. Are they not offering to send you the physical SIM for free?

Lesley_0330

I was intending on using an eSIM but unfortunately didn't even get as far as installing the eSIM before the app came up with that error. 3rd gen IPhone SE.

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lesley_0330 did you try setting up an eSIM? if so, what phone are you using?

Need Help? Let's chat.