cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 837

wmuir
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to sign up and I keep getting error code 837. Anyone know what that code represents? Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

@JackieB1 login  to Telus site and it has account number there

Another option  is to activate with a tenp new number first.  Once activation completed and service fully functioning,  then yiu can login to PM My Account here and request porting.  If it has error at that point , yiu can request 9

porting by open ticket with PM support

JackieB1

Hi, 

It’s just a Telus prepaid top up card, so not sure if there is an account number or where I would find that info. 

@JackieB1 don't try again yet

did you confirm your credit card 8f PM charged you already?

if not, when you try again, please use Account number as your porting info and NOT just IMEI

Also, from which provider  you try to port in your number?

JackieB1

Did you figure out how to sign-up? I just got this same code. I closed browser, erased history, and tried again with the same code error. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@wmuir 

DO NOT try to re-attempt activation.  Pm might have charged you already.  

First check if PM charge your credit card yet.  

Also, put the PM SIM in a phone and check if it connects to PM network and if it can make outgoing calls

If PM has not charge you and the sim card is not connecting, then the activation didn't completed.  

Error 837 usually comes up when you request porting and used IMEI as the information for the old provider

If PM didn't charge you yet, you can try to activate again and request porting, but try to enter the account number of the old provider instead of IMEI.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@wmuir  - if you did not get to the payment section of the activation of the SIM card. Wait an hour to try to activate again, when you do, open a tab in incognito mode and complete this way.

If you did enter your payment details, or past the payment section, check to see if the card was charged. If so, try the SIM card into a phone and see if you have any services that work. If you do, activation completed.

But you may need assistance or confirmation of some details. 

So, if the Telus Porting number provided to you by @Handy1 is not helping, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@wmuir  Are your trying to port number to pm and used IMEI and not just account number best to not use the IMEI number just tends to cos hiccups with porting will send you port teams number private message 

WolverineCaz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello,

Try another web browser. Also, clear browsing history and cookies. Restart device and try again. 

Need Help? Let's chat.