cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Phone number not eligible for port

sapphiresky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I moved provinces and took a new plan when I moved here, so I changed numbers altogether.

However I am now wanting to come back to Public Mobile. I have re-subscribed to a plan, but keep getting the same error when trying to port over from Telus. I tried changing my old registered phone number with PM to one in this province, thinking that might work but still no luck. 

I called them, and the guy said all I had to do was pay my bill upfront and I could port over. I'm on a monthly cycle, so paid it off for next month. It is still giving me the same error. 

I'm thinking I should just cancel my services with Telus, however the bigger headache is updating all of my accounts again. I'm assuming it's because it's a 204 number and Public Mobile can't carry those?

2 REPLIES 2

sapphiresky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@hairbag1 I'm not sure I understand, I was able to re-subscribe under the same SIM as I had forgotten to stop the automatic payments before my credit card switch and my account was on only a temporary hold wen I logged back in, not deactivated. I read the instructions, just isn't clear what to do in this case.

@dust2dust thanks, on hold with them now. If not I'll just cancel services with Telus tomorrow. I never removed the Telus SIM as I was expecting to get a text from the port initiation on that SIM before I put the old one from PM back in. 

Really hoping I don't need a new SIM. 

Update: Spoke with a Telus agent who said I should have received a text earlier today. Put me on hold to check up with PM, then the call dropped. Back on hold waiting to speak with someone, will eventually be able to get it transferred over I think... after I hear about all their good mental health and recycling programs.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@sapphiresky 

you need a new sim to start a whole new account as the old one is long gone. Take a temp number, then initiate port .

added something to read...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/transfer-your-number

Manitoba..lotsa numbers available in the 204.

Need Help? Let's chat.