cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code: 821

Mosheba1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey,

I was trying to activate a new line but getting error 821.

6E0ED19A-63EA-4CD9-B1E7-CA56F174A5AE.png

11 REPLIES 11

Mosheba1

Hey, it’s fixed. The issue was my card as it was locked (:. I appreciate the help everyone.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Mosheba1 

from your mobile browser is give you a issue.

close all browser and clear cache/ cookies/ open inPrivate mode,from computer. try again to activated.

@Mosheba1if not charged, activate with a new temperory number first.  Once activated, open ticket with. PM support to have it manually port

also, check if your number can be ported here: first before you activate a new temperory number 

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

Mosheba1

hey, i am porting using account number. Still same issue and card is not charged. I tried again but same problem 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Mosheba1 

How are things coming along since you posted your question?

Which of the recommendations have you tried and can you specifically recall if you used the account number or the IMEI number when identifying the other service provider services from where you wish to port (transfer) your number here?

If your credit card was charged, do you have any calling or texting services at all?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Mosheba1  Additional info on porting 

When transferring (porting) your number to any new carrier it’s important to remember to leave the old providers SIM card in the phone until you receive the confirmation text from old carrier @that point you have 90 mins to reply YES to the confirmation text … also when going thru this process the new provider will want you old providers account number and will ask for IMEI number disregard this (IMEI) number as it has a tendency to just cos porting hiccups .. so if your ready to port to pm and already activated a SIM card you can go to your self serve serve profile tab and change /transfer (port) number this can also be done on activation but it’s advised to pick a temp number first then port 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Mosheba1 

Confirm with customer support if you activation was completed and not charged, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

If not, try again through a tab in incognito mode.

EDIT, OR , see that "Create a Ticket" button? click that for help with public mobile customer support.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mosheba1 

DO NOT try to re-attempt activation.  Pm might have charged you already.  

First check if PM charge your credit card yet.  

Also, put the PM SIM in a phone and check if it connects to PM network and if it can make outgoing calls

If PM has not charge you and the sim card is not connecting, then the activation didn't completed.  

Error 821 usually comes up when you request porting and used IMEI as the information for the old provider

If PM didn't charge you yet, you can try to activate again and request porting, but try to enter the account number of the old provider instead of IMEI.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Mosheba1    You can retry the activation (using incognito/private mode on browser) as long as your card hasn't been charged.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Mosheba1 

do not activated again, check if Public Mobile charge your credit card or not yet. if not yet reactivate,

if is it charged send a private message to  CS_Agent
here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Mosheba1  First check credit card make sure you haven’t been charged if not wait an hour and try to again 

Need Help? Let's chat.