cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: 6ut1: the number you are calling is not in service

funnybones
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

When I try calling certain numbers that I know to be active and working, I get the pre-recorded error message:

"Errorcode 6ut1: The number you are calling is not in service" or something thereabouts.

Also, in the past there have been instances of text messages not having been delivered to a friend both from my and my wife's phones.

Can anyone from Public Mobile customer support help?

At this point I am deeply disappointed with public mobile's service and looking to switch to another service provider.

Thanks.

Warm regards,

VT.

8 REPLIES 8

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

I believe this is also network related (either on your end or the recipients end).

Try manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily), see if that helps complete the calls.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Switchboard is busy or cannot properly route your call.

Dial with 1 (or +1) in front of number, 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx for anywhere in Canada. All current Public Mobile plans include Canada-wide outgoing calls ($15 plan is limited, all others are unlimited). Some legacy Public Mobile plans only included Province-wide outgoing calls. If your plan doesn't include (enough) Canada-wide minutes then the $5 500-minute Canada-wide Talk add-on is a good deal at $0.01 per minute - unused add-on minutes will stay on account across billing cycles until they're all consumed.

DoctorG

When I had this before it was calling out-of-area numbers and I had the numbers in my phone entered as 416xxxxxxx. I changed them to +1416xxxxxxx and it worked fine. I'm not sure why they worked fine other times though.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@funnybones...which city / province are you referring to when you say texts haven't been delivered. What city you calling that results in 6UT1 message ?

BTW...PM uses Telus infrastructure so if you're thinking it's better service there...you'll find similar service at Telus. Before you tap out...lets see if there's some answer to your issues....it might not be a PM / Telus problem at all.

@funnybones   are you getting this with one particular number only? or other numbers as well?

funnybones

tried rebooting device, now saved the number with a leading 1, will have to check if that works.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@funnybones , this is often associated with some sort of network issue.  Give it a bit of time and retry the call.  

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@funnybones 

add 1 in front of area code

and rebooting device.

Edit:  if you tried to text MMS, then you need to turn on data mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.