cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entered the wrong number for MEID

Olivia_Bean
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I accidentally entered another number instead of the MEID when activating my account. I got a text shortly after, telling me I’d receive someone reaching out for help “shortly”. But it’s the next day and I haven’t heard anything. I can’t switch out my SIM card until I get that number in there. How do I switch out that number? 

4 REPLIES 4

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Olivia_Bean 

Do you have your old provider's account number? Its best to use instead of the IMEI # of your phone. Provide this info to the telus porting department to reinitiate your port request. Put your old sim card back in your phone so you can reply YES to the PAT(porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it. You can then put your pm sim card in your phone. The port will complete within a few minutes to a maximum of two hours.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Olivia_Bean   Yes, there is a live support group you can call and have them to update the info.   I will message you the phone number, please check your Community inbox, envelope icon on top right

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Contact customer service by using the chat bot look for the link with words simon in footer.  Or look in your messages I'm pretty sure you will be sent the Telus porting team number that you can use

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Olivia_Bean Hello I will send you the Telus  porting number so they  can resend your port request

Need Help? Let's chat.