cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending "Contract"

ScottishJimmy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Unfortunately despite being so pleased with Public Mobile I now no longer need the service. Do I just cancel the auto pay and my contract will end? Or do I have to go through a process to authorise the account ending along with myself no longer having the phone number?

TIA

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ScottishJimmy 

Choices to cancel service:
1. Quick and keeping your phone number
Remove autopay credit card info to stop autopay and port your number to another provider. Your account will be canceled right away.
2. Slow and not keeping your phone number.
Remove autopay credit card info to stop autopay. Your account will be suspended without payment at your next renewal date. 90 days after suspension, your account will be cancel. You have 90 days to change your mind by paying and reactivate your account.
3. Make money and not keeping your phone number
If you have a plan with high demand, you can let someone to take over your plan. Your phone number will go with the plan to the new owner.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScottishJimmy wrote:

Unfortunately despite being so pleased with Public Mobile I now no longer need the service. Do I just cancel the auto pay and my contract will end? Or do I have to go through a process to authorise the account ending along with myself no longer having the phone number?

TIA

Yup. Remove the payment card which disables autopay anyway. If you don't have sufficient funds in your Available Funds to cover your plan then the account suspends. Then after 90 days it deactivates. The number is gone, the SIM is dead, rewards are stopped, Available Funds are gone.

I got a kick out of you putting contract in quotes. 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ScottishJimmy , this is a prepaid service.  There are no contracts.  Just remove auto pay and the service will end when the current cycle is completed.  You do have another 90 days to change your mind and the account will remain available for you to restore before it is permanently deactivated.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can remove your autopay to cancel your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.