cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email says SIM card delivered. No Sim Card, Tickets ignored

sygoomei
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

I have been helping my wife transition to PM, but we've hit a snag.  The last e-mail, from December 10th, says that the SIM card was delivered.  In the 10 years I've lived here, no one has ever had mail go missing--so my thinking is not thievery.  However, she has submitted two tickets now (~11 days ago and 7 days ago) and both have gone unanswered.  Is there anyone I can reach out to, to escalate this case? 

26 REPLIES 26

I did.. it said only sold in stores.. but it didn't say it guarantees that it won't be free with in-store activation either..  🙂

Just a laugh for Monday

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@sygoomei

Well that is unfortunate but it does sound like a courier issue and as suggested contact the courier in question as suggested. You can ask a CSA to send another one out but better yet ask for a credit on either your account or your wife's once you do get it activated.

Customer support response times have been one hour or less as of late. If your wife received no reply at all then there may well be an issue with her private messaging. Make sure it hasn't been turned off in her settings. Check that the support tickets submitted appear in her outbox. Email notifications can be turned off ( like mine are) if so she would have to sign into the community and check to see if there any private messages. Messages left unanswered after 48 hours are automatically closed.

Alternatively though unusual it is possible that her messages to customer support are not reaching them (I recently had this issue.) Have customer support investigate this possibility after dealing with the missing sim card issue. This glitch in private messaging is difficult to realize it's happening if you do not deal with customer support on a regular basis to understand what a typical response time is vs the stated up to 48 hours which nowadays is a rare occurrence since pm vastly increased staffing levels.

It would be quicker to purchase a sim card locally (with the cost credited back to you just save the receipt). Or as suggested by @CountyDownIeUk  you can order from CCS. You would have to opt for one of the shipping methods other than regular Canada post if you want to activate before the end of December to avail yourselves of all of the current promotions but that extra cost is more than covered by what you recieve in promotional value....with the $30 referral credit you will recieve let alone everything else.Here is some advice I gave another member the other day.....

Spoiler

Instead of using the sim card you have ordered  keep it as a spare (for reasons already mentioned by @HALIMACS )or you could even use it to refer a friend or your wife can refer someone if it was before the end of the month to recieve the $30 bonus referral promotion.

Then order an activation bundle from Canadian Cellular Supplies that will come with a free sim card and 20% off the first month. It can be shipped free via Canada post (usually takes 5 business days across Canada), $5 for 1 day shipping to cities surrounding the GTA, Xpress 1-5 days (variable $$) or pick up in Mississauga just ensure that you will recieve it before the end of December.

While this changes the initial way you wanted to activate her service the savings may be worth it to you because there are a couple additional promotions that CCS is offering for pm. You will get the following options:

1. Activation bundle w/free sim card and 20% off first month of $25 plan=$20+tax. Save $5 off the plan cost+$5 on their discounted sim cards=$10 in savings.
  2. Choose either a free third month credit=$25 or a bonus 5gb data add on=$75 for $25+ plans. (You can schedule a change plan on next renewal to the $15 plan after receiving the 5gb data add on or if you chose the free third month credit it is based on the plan you activate on=$25.)
  3. You can also get a 20% discount on activation vouchers of $100 or $200 that are credited to the account. Savings of $20 or $40.
  4. Your referral code will get her account a $10 bonus credit and you will recieve the $30 bonus referral credit ($5×6 months) and the additional $1 per month reward.
  5. Your wife's account will also automatically recieve within 7 days the holiday gifts of a 2gb bonus add on and 500 international long distance calling minutes add on (value=$30×$25=$55).

You save $10 up front. The account will be credited with the bonus referral credit $10+$200 (or $100) with the activation voucher ( you save $40/$20)+$25 free month credit (or 5gb add on bonus=$75). You save a total of $50 up front+$35 in credits in the account=$85+$30 bonus referral credit=$115 in total savings (or $165 if you chose the 5gb add on).

You still register for autopay to get the $2 reward every month (11 months×$2=$22) $235+$22=$257 in credits which pays for 10 months of the $25 plan in addition to the first month with the $25 plan (or 18 additional months of the $15 plan) for an upfront cost of $180+tax.

If you have further questions in regards to activating with CCS just private message me. I am always happy to help....especially if it saves you money!

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @CountyDownIeUk  , no, no guarantee.  But there is no guarantee in life either

But from what user reported, most of these mobile stores WILL give out the SIM for free if you activate with them.  They earn activation commission so they are willing to give out the SIM for free

If they don't ?  then check another store.  Again, there  is no guarantee in life .  We are just recommending  from  our experience 🙂

(your screenshot is for buying SIM online, in store activation is different)

Read the pic.......what does it say?

My experience at LD was no freebie when activated. 

It may be a hit and miss opportunity.....but not a guarantee unless it is posted at store or advertised. And LD occasionally advertises free SIMS. 

So why go out in the cold with all the other people looking for deals pushing and shoving and find out there is no freebie at the stores suggested? But for sure CCS does. And just to be clear I am no huge fan of CCS but did my last $15 plan there. Was pretty good but does lack giving adequate information once the process is completed. 

Yup, there are at least 2, @hTideGnow 

1. Death
  2. Taxes

HI @CountyDownIeUk  , no, no guarantee.  But there is no guarantee in life either

But from what users reported, most of these mobile stores WILL give out the SIM for free if you activate with them.  They earn activation commission so they are willing to give out the SIM for free

If they don't ?  then check another store.  Again, there  is no guarantee in life .  We are just recommending  from  our  own past experience and other's 🙂

(your screenshot is for buying SIM online, in store activation is different)

(if  user is in the West, I did suggest Walmart and Loblaws  🙂 )

(No, if user is in the North, there are no Warlmart/Loblaws/London Drugs in the 3 territories) 

@hTideGnow wrote:

Hi @sygoomei 

Actually, what @BKNS27  suggested was right if you are activating $15 or $25 plans, you can go to London Drug, or Walmart or Loblaws and have them activate for you and they will give you the SIM for free.

(but if you activating $35 or above, then you should buy the SIM and activate on line with 2GBBonus to earn extra monthly 2GB data)

Like I said who says LD has free SIM cards guaranteed? I would suggest you verify the contents of this post. Also if @sygoomei  is in the west.....is too cold to go out. 

E52236BF-95BD-4C5E-876E-BC2CF47B92A8.jpeg

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The postal systems are the sixth circle of hell right now these days, I do hope you manage to recover the sim OP.

Hi @sygoomei 

Actually, what @BKNS27  suggested was right if you are activating $15 or $25 plans, you can go to London Drug, or Walmart or Loblaws and have them activate for you and they will give you the SIM for free.

(but if you activating $35 or above, then you should buy the SIM and activate on line with 2GBBonus to earn extra monthly 2GB data)

@BKNS27 wrote:

@sygoomei 

I would suggest you go to your local London Drugs to get a free PM SIM and free hassle free activation before the More is Merrier promo expires.

Remember to use your Referral Code for the 6 x $5 credit for 6 months.

Since when did London Drugs offer free SIMS? Keep in mind @sygoomei  London Drugs is in the west only. Better yet is to take a CCS plan for a few bucks off, get a referral code to use for another 10 bucks off, a free SIM card in the mail too.  But contact them to get your More the Merrier. Or PM me for help as well. 

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@Spudster wrote:

Heck @sygoomei ,  that's unacceptable.   This place has gone downhill in recent weeks with the More the Merrier campaign utilizing WAY too much resources to implement. 

With all respect to PM....that was their fault and their undertaking. 

I certainly appreciate all the freebies received over the past 2 years. I feel like I have a Cadillac prepaid plan...I can call almost any where in the world. 

As do I, @CountyDownIeUk  - but this isn't about me, it's about the OP.

They just should have ADDED the promotional items without any need for anyone to do anything.

Perhaps with different provincial regulations that this process of getting an invite and accepting it was one of the only ways that met them all. 

Perhaps that's the case, but that still doesn't help meet demand for support possibly being affected.

Here's what I'd do:  (i'm sure there are those here who will lambaste me - oh well 😑)

Consider your self just roasted on a spit over an open 🔥 😲

Yeah, yeah, yeah - what do i care.  This OP says they have long-standing CSA requests, I'd be private messaging anyone with a PM designation to express my displeasure.

Look at the Community homepage under the Announcements.   See all those users with the PM designation in a blue box - they're Public Mobile employees.

Yes I see but how many others are support workers, not listed?

Many of them may be support workers, and unable to directly assist, but I'm sure if they want what's best for their customer, they'll help.

Let them know your dissatisfaction with the service you have received from the CSA group by private messaging them.  Ask that THEY assign the correct PM staff member to review your concern.

I am very satisfied as they did a great job to ensure MORE customers received More the Merrier this year, they way they did it, and the efforts made to rectify the process. Hopefully with the glitches removed...it will be the method used in the future. GREAT JOB PM!!

I agree.  Again, not about OUR experience.   My response is about helping this OP at least get a response so they can get the SIM, get activated, and get the rewards the rest of us have!!!

Great back & forth @CountyDownIeUk    👍

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@sygoomei 

I would suggest you go to your local London Drugs to get a free PM SIM and free hassle free activation before the More is Merrier promo expires.

Remember to use your Referral Code for the 6 x $5 credit for 6 months and your wife will get $10 credit on her next PM bill.

@DOA wrote:

I'm guessing you live in an apartment or condo and it was delivered by UPS, which has no access to your mailbox.

UPS has begun dumping packages in building mail rooms and tons of stuff has gone missing in my building.

Exactly. @sygoomei  needs to first verify they have a UPS tracking that indicates delivered or undeliverable and needs to pick up at a UPS store or agent. And if a condo or apartment, do a clean sweep x 3 of every nook and cranny of the lobby and contact the building manager. There are other alternatives to receiving a SIM card by Canada Post mail and the OP can PM me, if they wish. 

Edit: @sygoomei  you may have had a sloppy/lazy, poorly trained UPS contractor do the delivery. 

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm guessing you live in an apartment or condo and it was delivered by UPS, which has no access to your mailbox.

UPS has begun dumping packages in building mail rooms and tons of stuff has gone missing in my building.

@Spudster wrote:

Heck @sygoomei ,  that's unacceptable.   This place has gone downhill in recent weeks with the More the Merrier campaign utilizing WAY too much resources to implement. 

With all respect to PM....that was their fault and their undertaking. 

I certainly appreciate all the freebies received over the past 2 years. I feel like I have a Cadillac prepaid plan...I can call almost any where in the world. 

They just should have ADDED the promotional items without any need for anyone to do anything.

Perhaps with different provincial regulations that this process of getting an invite and accepting it was one of the only ways that met them all. 

Here's what I'd do:  (i'm sure there are those here who will lambaste me - oh well 😑)

Consider your self just roasted on a spit over an open 🔥 😲

Look at the Community homepage under the Announcements.   See all those users with the PM designation in a blue box - they're Public Mobile employees.

Yes I see but how many others are support workers, not listed?

Let them know your dissatisfaction with the service you have received from the CSA group by private messaging them.  Ask that THEY assign the correct PM staff member to review your concern.

I am very satisfied as they did a great job to ensure MORE customers received More the Merrier this year, they way they did it, and the efforts made to rectify the process. Hopefully with the glitches removed...it will be the method used in the future. GREAT JOB PM!!

Spudster

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Spudster , I think you posted on the wrong thread.  While what you said about the Merrier promotion problem is true, this has nothing to do with OP's problem.

The SIM card issue, blaming on PM is unfair. PM already sent out the SIM.  If service is unacceptable, then it is like Canada Post's service that is unacceptable.  

You shouldn't hijack this post  🙂

@hTideGnow , not hijacking this post at all.

The OP wrote, "However, she has submitted two tickets now (~11 days ago and 7 days ago) and both have gone unanswered.  Is there anyone I can reach out to, to escalate this case?"

If I put any weight as to the veracity of what the OP wrote, then PM has a staffing problem.

I'm not exclusively saying one has lead to the other, however the non-responsiveness is what I was writing about in that reply, no so much the status of the SIM card delivery or who is to 'blame' for that.

Make sense now?

*@0PX9O4 wrote:

For what it's worth, I ordered a couple SIM cards just over a week ago. They were sent from a warehouse in Mississauga and delivered to my address in Toronto by UPS Standard on December 20th.

@sygoomei 

Right.....perhaps OP is taking the wrong direction. Mine were also delivered by UPS. One package left on porch (by a contractor)  and one done properly and driver took our signature. 

So OP did you order from PM?  If yes what does the tracking indicate? If was undeliverable for some reason....where is your local UPS (not Canada Post) pick up location? 

@Spudster wrote:

Heck @sygoomei ,  that's unacceptable.   

HI @Spudster , I think you posted on the wrong thread.  While what you said about the Merrier promotion problem is true, this has nothing to do with OP's problem.

The SIM card issue, blaming on PM is unfair. PM already sent out the SIM.  If service is unacceptable, then it is like Canada Post's service that is unacceptable.  

You shouldn't hijack this post  🙂

Spudster

Wait, drug dealers swap SIM cards?

Gee, and i thought all along they just buy burner phones to throw in the river after a deal is done ...

But... what do i know?  😉

0PX9O4

For what it's worth, I ordered a couple SIM cards just over a week ago. They were sent from a warehouse in Mississauga and delivered to my address in Toronto by UPS Standard on December 20th.

@sygoomei wrote:

To the person who said it's good to have a secondary sim card.  What?  Why? The only people I've seen swapping SIM cards are drug dealers on TV.  What legitimate use would an end-user have for multiple SIM cards?

That was me, @sygoomei 

Having a secondary SIM card means that if something were to happen with your SIM card (damaged, lost, stolen, became unfunctional for various reasons), then you'd have a back-up to use the Change SIM card field in self-serve.

This way, you'd not have to wait or go out and purchase another one - you'd already have it.

ALSO, if someone were to want to join Public Mobile, and they were prepared to use your referral code, you might want to sweeten the deal for them and provide them a SIM card.   A small price to pay for the referral reward that comes with referring someone.

I always generally have a spare hanging around.

sygoomei
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you all for your help.  I have started with the CS agent route suggested above.  Seeing as I've only got my wife's side of the story, I would prefer to start with low hanging fruit first. 

To the person who said it's good to have a secondary sim card.  What?  Why? The only people I've seen swapping SIM cards are drug dealers on TV.  What legitimate use would an end-user have for multiple SIM cards?

Spudster

Heck @sygoomei ,  that's unacceptable.   This place has gone downhill in recent weeks with the More the Merrier campaign utilizing WAY too much resources to implement.  They just should have ADDED the promotional items without any need for anyone to do anything.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @sygoomei   , you should have got the SIM by now.  It could be Canada Post delivered wrong or lost mail.  As advised above, open a ticket with PM.  You can do this with Chatbot on the lower right or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.
Follow these these to get to ticket open page quicker:

1. Type: did not receive my sim card
  2. Then click "Contact Us" ,
  3. and then click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  4. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sygoomei 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent 

• you need re-send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Tickets unmber,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@sygoomei 

You should have received your SIM card by now.  Did you submit ticket or send a private message to customer service agent?  Response times should be within 48 hours (max).  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@sygoomei wrote:

Hello!

I have been helping my wife transition to PM, but we've hit a snag.  The last e-mail, from December 10th, says that the SIM card was delivered.  In the 10 years I've lived here, no one has ever had mail go missing--so my thinking is not thievery.  However, she has submitted two tickets now (~11 days ago and 7 days ago) and both have gone unanswered.  Is there anyone I can reach out to, to escalate this case? 

Regrettably not, @sygoomei 

If you feel there has been stolen items, you may need to deal with the courier/delivery service.

If you feel Public Mobile has failed in their obligation to deliver a product, you can request to escalate to a more senior Customer Service Agent, however you'll still need to use the chatbot on the lower right to initiate a support ticket.

Another option is to acquire a PM SIM card from a local retailer as a stop-gap measure.  This may cost $10, however at least you'll have it to activate and benefit from the current holidays deals and promotions.

Plus, it's always good to have a spare SIM card on hand for unforeseen circumstances.

Need Help? Let's chat.